When is the best time to post to Facebook, Instagram and VKontakte (infographics)
Website optimization for social networks (Social media optimization, SMO) - a set of measures aimed at attracting visitors from social media: blogs, social networks, etc. The term SMO is usually associated with the publication of Rohit Bhargava (Rohit Bhargava) In which the author formulated 5 rules of SMO:
- Increase link popularity - to make such sites and upload such content to which they will link. This includes the creation and maintenance of a separate blog on the materials and themes of an existing site, or even the collection of existing materials on the topic in a user-friendly format.
- Simplify adding content from a site to social networks , bookmarks, RSS aggregators, etc.
- Attract inbound links (links to the website from third-party resources and blog platforms), encourage those who link.
- Provide export and distribution of content . With links to the source. In the presence of audio and video files, it is worth adding them with a description to other specialized sites, this will attract visitors to the site.
- Encourage the creation of services using our content - mashup'ov. In the modern world, where co-creation is gaining momentum, it is important to be open and allow other users to use the content of their site.
It didn’t take long to continue - the 6th, 7th, 8th appeared ... 16th tips from other bloggers. If the first 5 were more technical, then in the rest of the boards bloggers began to describe the behavior of the person promoting the resource. SMO is one of the two methods of website optimization, the other is search engine optimization or SEO.
Want to write a post about Trump, but don’t know when it’s best to get the maximum audience reach? The best time for publication in all social networks is different - this is the conclusion of the GoldCoach community SMM specialist Andrei Dovgiy, who has been analyzing the distribution of users' attention on Instagram , Facebook and VKontakte for a year. According to the results of his analysis, he created a cheat sheet for SMO-business, which will help to achieve better results in social networks.
So in Facebook “peak hours” come at ten in the morning and eight in the evening, it's better not to publish anything on Instagram from 13 to 17, and it's better to keep silence on VKontakte on Mondays. Why is that? It's all about the audience.
Via SMC specialist of the GoldCoach community Andrey Dovgiy