| section Home
Model aircraft, rocket-
| Stealth master
| space Mystery
Secrets of the Ocean
|Use of material is permitted for reference (for websites - hyperlinks)|
TECHNOLOGY COATING OF METALS
1 | 2
Painted in green paint surface of copper, brass or bronze objects mozhnorazlichnymi ways.
1) Surface things lubricated with a sponge first very dilute solution of copper nitrate with the addition of a small number of common salt. Then, at what time thing dries, its exactly the same way smeared with a solution of 1 part potassium oxalate as 5 elements of ammonia in 94 parts of weak vinegar. Again allow to dry and lubricate the main solution again; Then, by drying, again as a second solution, etc. alternately until until that coloring does not acquire adequate strength. Previous lubrication sponge soaked in the solution should be strongly squeezed so that it is damp but not wet. After coloring the surface of things triturated stiff bristle brush, especially in the hollows and crevices. After 8-14 days of work turns brownish-greenish coloration.
2) Items rubbed several techniques sukonkoy impregnated crude oleic acid (the product obtained on plants stearin). On the surface of things is formed, first dark green layer of copper oleate, which is under the influence of oxygen and moisture of the atmosphere gradually turns into a light green carbonic copper. The process is greatly accelerated if oleic acid previously sufficiently long to insist on copper shavings, but things after each lubrication of an acid, for grease drying slightly (no more than a few drops!) Spray by spraying an aqueous solution of ammonium carbonate.
Brown stain copper, brass and bronze items
For coloring the surface of copper items in beautiful and rugged reddish brown color can serve a subsequent composition: 4 parts by weight of copper acetate (verdigris), 4 of the crocus and 1 share of scraps horns. Thoroughly crush and mix with vinegar to form a paste. Brushing the surface of things and giving this composition to dry, heated to a thing, as long as the composition does not turn black; then wash it and polish the thing - it turns a beautiful reddish-brown color. If you want to paint the color was dark chestnut, then to the above mixture was added 1 share of copper sulfate (powder); for lighter, yellow (similar to the bronze), coloring instead of copper sulphate mixed ½ - 1 share of borax.
Artistic copper products (figurines, medals and the like), it is best to paint one of the following compounds:
1) 32 elements by weight copper acetate (verdigris) powder, 30 ¾ crushed elements of ammonia and 1 part of strong vinegar to boil with 20 parts water. After boiling to give. stand and carefully drain the sludge without a clear solution, which is also immersed in the things 3 hours.
2) 5 elements copper acetate (crystalline), ammonia 7 elements, the elements 3 of acetic acid and water of 85 elements. Strongly heated over the fire of charcoal copper thing is immersed in the solution. When a thing will turn, remove, wash, dry and rub with a solution consisting of 1 items wax and 4 parts of turpentine.
3) 2 items by weight of ammonia, 1 share of common salt, 1 share of nitrate,
1 part ammonia to boil strong to strong 96 parts of vinegar in the boiling solution immerse things, holding them there until long as they are not properly will be painted. Taking, first wash with a solution of ammonia in hot water, but then in boiling water.
If things awkward dipping in solutions, they can be lubricated with a sponge dampened with these solutions; but it needs to be lubricated uniformly ,, most importantly, quickly, otherwise staining can be spotty.
Lubricate things mozhnopohozhe liquid gruel prepared from 2 elements copper acetate, 2 elements cinnabar as 5 elements of ammonia with the required number of vinegar. Wobbly things heat up, washed and are dried several times until the stain that does not take the necessary shade.
For coloring in brown ink of the present things bronze (ie alloy of copper and tin) better to consume one of the following solutions;
1) 4 members of ammonia, 1 share of potassium oxalate and 200 vinegar elements.
Things are smeared with the composition, allowed to dry. This operation is repeated until until that things do not acquire the desired coloration. The remaining then on things fairly sharp metallic gloss disappears quickly, as they receive the pleasant soft brownish color, which is formed on the bronze only after several years (patina) under ordinary conditions.
2) 1 share of crystalline copper acetate, 1 200 members of ammonia as water elements. Brushing the surface of things this structure, it is dried over a fire until long before the fade starts to green color. Dilute given composition has 340 parts of water and thus diluted solution lubricated thing 10-15 times, each time prosushivaya it over the fire. This diluted composition can be prepared separately: 1 proportion of copper acetate, 2 elements of ammonia water and 600 elements. This is necessary even if we have in mind to operate consistently over many things. After the first lubricating coloring is olive-green, but then it gradually more and more takes a nice brown color, not fading even from very strong heat of things.
Copper, brass and bronze items mozhnotakzhe painted in a very beautiful brown color with a solution of bismuth in concentrated nitric acid: things later immersing them in the solution kept over the fire until until not get the desired brown color.
Black mordant for copper
Prepare a saturated solution of copper sulphate and to it was added aqueous ammonia until until the jumble that did not receive a clear bright blue color. The treated article is lowered into the solution for several minutes, then removed and gently heated until until not blacken.
There are other means. Copper thing to be blackened, cleaned first fine sandpaper, then later until its cleaned surface try not to touch your fingers. It then either immersed in a liquid solution of platinum chloride or wetted them with the aid of a brush. This solution, if it has not acidic, slightly acidified with hydrochloric acid.
Very strong blackening copper product obtained when immersed in a saturated solution of copper metal in nitric acid and then heated slightly.
Stain imitation patina on copper and bronze products
That beautiful malachite or bluish-green color, which have ancient bronze ware, happened under the influence of a very long exposure to the atmosphere or a wet or damp soil in which they are located. Chemical research has shown that the reason of the patina (Patina antica) is bringing up on the surface of copper or bronze more or less thick layer of carbonate of copper, ie, most of the copper salts that comprises malachite. This patina is identical with malachite not only in composition and mind, but also on top.
To obtain artificial green color, very similar to the real patina, it is necessary, if possible, to imitate the process by which education takes place natural patina and malachite, ie to put things in the conditions that cause a slow and gradual education of carbonate on the surface of copper.
For this thing is transferred to a place with a uniform, moderately warm atmosphere, rich with moisture and carbon dioxide; then leave them more or less long time to, their surface lubricating no less pair, or three times daily with a solution of 1.2% acetic acid in water (or vinegar, diluted with 4-5 parts water).
If no such ready at hand premises that suit the respective values of the special chamber and a tightly lockable doors. For the constant formation of carbon dioxide on the floor of such a camera put a vessel with the crushed limestone or chalk, but at the top of this vessel strengthen another smaller vessel from which chalk or limestone continuously and evenly dripping hydrochloric acid. Wetting dilute solution of acetic acid (., See above) of small things made by dipping them into a solution, but large - watering them from above in the form of petty downpour or spraying them with the aid of a sprayer. Wetted in such a way should be no less than a pair of times a day. When the green patina on the surface of things have become prominent, the acetic acid solution to soak mozhnoesche longer dissolve with water, or even replace the water.
For proper formation of the patina layer described trim should continue from 2 up to 6 weeks. The bronze copper richer than the acidic solution to wet and the higher the temperature of the camera, the sooner the process is done. But the patina is a more natural, if its formation is slow.
Before the start of operations of things have to be removed slightest traces of oil (from the finger, for example), for which the small things washed strong liquor also try, if possible, more than not to touch them with your hands.
Green stain zinc things
50 parts sernovatistokislogo sodium (hyposulfite) dissolved in 500 parts of boiling water, add 25 elements with sulfuric acid, filtered (to separate the settled sulfur) and is immersed in a solution of zinc things very quickly covered with light green patina. If you own the stuff in solution longer time to, the light green becomes dark green. But the best for this kind of painting to cover the pre-copper-zinc things and then deal with them as if with copper.
Brown stain zinc things
The brown coloration is achieved zinc relubrication 4 parts of copper acetate (verdigris) in 11 parts of vinegar. If zinc products to lubricate first solution consisting of 1 part of copper and 1 elements of iron sulphate in 20 parts of water, but then a solution of drying of 4 elements of copper acetate in 11 parts of vinegar and after surgery polish rouge, the surface of things takes a very beautiful dark -bronzovy color.
Having greased zinc things several times weak solution of chloride or copper dichloride, and then heating and wiping them with a brush, get the darker staining, the stronger solution was used as the more times repeated lubrication. After repeated renewal of brown grease .tsvet becomes about black.
If a solution of copper chloride add as much ammonia as needed to suck first formed dissolved again, from the re-lubrication solution such things are painted in a copper-red color. Adding to this solution as slightly vinegar give yellow-brown color tone.
Very nice brown color solution disposes of 15 elements as chromium alum 15 parts sodium sernovatistokislogo (hypo) in 500 parts of boiling water for cooling a mixed solution of sulfuric acid 25 elements. It was then filtered and heated to boiling, but then was immersed into it things and keep them there, stirring up to as long as they do not take the desired hue.
Small things zinc can be painted in brown and bronze paint by dipping them in a rather weak solution of copper sulphate, acidified with vinegar. After immersion things dried in the atmosphere also repeated immersion (prosushivaya each time) until until that coloring does not give the desired hue. The weaker copper solution, the more often have to be repeated immersion and the more beautiful and stronger coloration.