20 things I should have known in 20 years
1. The world is trying to leave you dumb . Starting from bank payments and interest and ending with miracle-diets - it is easier to shake out money from uneducated people and easier to manage. Practice self-education as much as you can - in order to be rich, independent and happy.
2. Do not believe blindly in educational institutions. While they prepare the curriculum, the system becomes obsolete, and sometimes it has time to break. It is better to learn and earn the respect of people through leadership and doing, and not by following.
3. Read as much as you can. Learn the technique of fast reading with a high level of memorization. Emerson Spartz taught me this at Summit Summit. And if he reads 2-3 books a week, you may well read one.
4. Try to communicate with everyone at all times. Become a master of communication. Learn to find in a person what you like in him, and then refer to this side of it.
5. Do not waste time on modesty. Modesty is the belief that your emotions can become judges of your decision-making process, while the opposite is true.
6. If something unpleasantly surprises you during a relationship with someone , most likely it is from this that you will be released by breaking them.
7. Try to communicate as often as possible with people who are older than you. Personally, I meet people on Podcamp'ah. My friend Greg, at the age of 13, met his first employer on a nearby armchair in the cabin of the plane. The value of communicating with seniors is that the decision-making system of your peers is not very helpful. And the elders also know everything that you will learn later - that's why you should ask them.
8. Look for people steeper than yourself [in what you are interested in] and spend time with them. This in itself is important, but the consequence is also important - do not try to be mean in your group, try to be the best (do interesting things, be ambitious, sympathetic, receptive, etc.).
9. Over time, you will become more conservative. It's just a fact. Those who surround you will create something like a bubble that will support the "status quo" (the current state of affairs). That's why the craziest ideas need to be implemented NOW. Then you will become too timid. Believe me.
10. Maximally reduce costs. This will allow you to create a reserve for implementing the very crazy idea that I mentioned above.
11. Instead of getting status with the help of objects (which only gives a temporary increase), increase its experience. In other words, a trip to Paris is a better choice than a new wardrobe. Studies show that such a choice raises the level of satisfaction received from life.
12. If you live in need, solve the money problem. Use the Internet, because it can help you cheaply buy something at auctions. If now you live from salary to salary, expand this period by three weeks instead of two. Then, when things go better, you can plan for a month, then three, six and finally a year ahead. The goal is to reach the moment when you plan for 5 years ahead.
13. Learn how to program.
14. Do not gain weight in youth. Your hormones will help you with this at first, but do not lose this opportunity, believe me.
15. Learn how to cook. This greatly simplifies your life, food will cease to be an ordinary business, turn from an expensive need to a pleasant lesson and save your money. I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver, but if you like someone else - great.
16. Get a good night's sleep. Sleep and self-cooking help you not gain weight. If you think "I'm going to sleep in the grave" or "I have a lot to do, there is not time to sleep", then I'll tell you this - "not getting enough sleep you are NOT EFFECTIVE", reducing the time of sleep will not help you.
17. Get an application-notebook. Do not trust the memory built into your brain. Do not bring the situation to do what "it seems to you" you need to do. Trust only records, I use RE.minder and Action Method .
18. Set yourself a big goal and let the occasion help you. If you do not designate it, then something will happen, of course, but if you put it, it will happen much more.
19. Become a specialist in one thing. Spend 5 years on the job, not on reeling around the bush. If you then want to change your profession - go ahead. Like I said, choose something.
20. Do not try to correct people. It is better to find those who have not yet been spoiled.