20 things I should have known at 20
1. The world is trying to leave you stupid . Starting from bank payments and interest and ending with miracle diets - it is easier to shake out money from uneducated people and it is easier to manage them. Practice yourself as much as you can - in order to be rich, independent and happy.
2. Do not blindly believe in educational institutions. While they are preparing curricula, the system becomes outdated and sometimes has time to break. It is better to learn and earn people's respect through leadership and doing, and not by following.
3. Read as much as you can. Learn the technique of fast reading with a high level of memorization. Emerson Spartz taught me this at the Summit Series rally. And if he reads 2-3 books a week, you can read one.
4. Try to constantly communicate with everyone. Become a master of communication. Learn to find in a person what you like about him, and then turn to that side of him.
5. Do not waste time on modesty. Modesty is the belief that your emotions can be judges of your decision-making process, while the opposite is true.
6. If something unpleasantly surprises you during a relationship with someone , most likely it is from this that you will free yourself by breaking them.
7. Try as much as possible to communicate with people who are older than you. Personally, I meet people on the Podcamps. My friend Greg, at the age of 13, met his first employer on a nearby seat in the cabin. The value of communicating with elders is that the decision-making system of your peers will not help you much. And the older ones also know everything that you will learn later - therefore it is worth asking them.
8. Look for people who are cooler than [that you are interested in] and spend time with them. This in itself is important, but the result is also important - do not try to be average in your group, try to become the best (do interesting things, be ambitious, responsive, receptive, etc.).
9. In time, you will become more and more conservative. This is just a fact. Those around you will create something like a bubble that will maintain the “status quo” (current state of affairs). That is why the most crazy ideas need to be implemented NOW. Then you will become too fearful. Believe me.
10. Reduce costs as much as possible. This will allow you to create a reserve for the implementation of the very crazy idea about which I spoke above.
11. Instead of obtaining status with the help of objects (which gives only a temporary increase), increase its experience. In other words, a trip to Paris is a better choice than a new wardrobe. Studies show that such a choice increases the level of satisfaction received from life.
12. If you live in need, solve a monetary problem. Use the Internet, as it can help you cheaply buy something at auctions. If you now live from paycheck to paycheck, extend this period by three weeks instead of two. Then, when things go better, you can plan for a month, then three, six, and finally a year ahead. The goal is to reach the moment when you are planning 5 years ahead.
13. Learn to program.
14. Do not gain weight in youth. Your hormones will help you with this at first, but do not lose this opportunity, trust me.
15. Learn to cook. This will greatly simplify your life, food will cease to be an everyday affair, will turn from an expensive necessity into a pleasant occupation and will save your money. I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver, but if you like someone else, great.
16. Get enough sleep. Sleeping and self-cooking will help you not to gain weight. If you think “I will sleep in the grave” or “I still have a lot to do, there is no time to sleep,” then I will tell you this - “if you do not sleep, you are NOT EFFECTIVE”, reducing sleep time will not help you.
17. Get yourself an application-notebook. Do not trust the memory embedded in your brain. Do not bring the situation to do what “you think” would need to be done. Trust only the records, I use RE.minder and Action Method .
18. Set yourself a big goal and let the occasion help you. If you do not designate it, then something, of course, will happen, but if you put it, much more will happen.
19. Become an expert in one thing. Spend 5 years on the case, not on the wobble around the bush. If you want to then change the profession - go ahead. As I said, choose something.
20. Do not try to fix people. Better find those who are not spoiled yet.