Useful web-resources for free learning languages
Learning a language is the process of teaching a person a language, studied by linguists. Usually the phrase indicates the mastering of the mother tongue by the child, as opposed to the term mastering the second language, which means the process of acquiring the skills of communication in a new foreign language, regardless of the number of previously learned.
Hot debates are held around the issue of the role of innate biological abilities in the assimilation of the first language. The theory of universal grammar presupposes the existence of general principles inherent in any language. Linguists Noam Chomsky and Eric Lennerberg believe that all children have innate abilities that guide the process of language learning.
On September 26, the European Day of Languages is marked - an excellent opportunity to supplement your knowledge or even begin to learn a new language. Said, done - keep a list of useful sites!
Assimilation of the language involves the acquisition of four basic skills: 1 - listening ( listening to speech), 2 - speaking , 3 - reading , 4 - writing . There are two different approaches to learning the language:
- Direct methods are based on imitation. In this way, speech is produced in the native language. Direct methods are used in some approaches to mastering foreign languages ("full immersion" method, "Shekhter method", etc.)
- Lexico-grammatical methods are based on the assimilation of the structure of language (grammar) and the memorization of words (vocabulary). Lexical and grammatical methods are used in the traditional teaching of foreign languages in schools and universities.
- List-english.ru - a thorough selection and classification of materials for learning English: online dictionaries, schools, forums, translators, tutors, tests, school books, video courses, games, Android programs, iPhone, YouTube channels, podcasts and much more. . Everything is free.
- Englishtips.org - a sea of textbooks and books for download. The search engine works well. You can find everything.
- Britishcouncil.org - British Council website. Tests, grammar, games and much more. All in English, so beginners will be difficult to navigate, but it's worth trying.
- Bbc.co.uk - a variety of materials for studying modern, living language.
- Real-english.com is a pretty advanced site with lessons, articles and videos. Before you start to study, select "Russian language" on the main page.
- Eslpod.com is a good resource from California. Its main task is to teach English as a second language. Possibility to download and work with a huge number of podcasts with printouts and dictionaries.
- Elllo.org is a "bomb" for middle-level teachers and students. Slightly complex navigation. But the gist is that podcasts from around the world are collected on a variety of topics. Live language with printouts and explanations (all in English). You can compare pronunciation from Canada, England, Australia, etc.
- Grammairefrancaise.net is a good site, a lot of information with test tasks, all in French.
- Studyfrench.ru - the best Russian-language site, will be especially useful at the first stage, as the explanation of the grammar in Russian, and all texts have translations.
- Bbc.co.uk - BBC video course in French. Resource English and all explanations in English. So at the same time you will tighten your skills in learning and English.
- Laits.utexas.edu/fi - video, audio, grammar exercises, music library.
- Ikonet.com/fr - interactive: video, audio, tasks, tests and dictionaries.
- Polyglotclub.com - here you can find French students studying the Russian language, and so together practice their skills.
- Auberge.int.univ-lille3.fr - this site offers you to practice spoken French and understanding speech by ear. The site will be interesting for those who plan to study in France. You will learn how to open an account with a bank, look for an apartment and much more. There are grammatical exercises.
- Hispanistas.ru - many books, audio, video, forum. A lot of useful and varied information.
- Rae.es is an explanatory dictionary of the Spanish language.
- Lingus.tv - video for different levels of understanding. Basically, household dialogues are presented. In addition to the video there is a text and a Spanish-English translation of these dialogues.
- Recursosdidacticos.es - a collection of voiced texts. The texts are divided into genres (plays, stories, poetry, notes about culture / traditions, etc.). You can start with mas leidos (most read) or mas valorados (having the highest rating).
- Spanishgrammarguide.com is a simple and easy-to-use online Spanish textbook. Do not swing or buy anything. Suitable for those who already know how to read in Spanish and know the basic terms such as "noun", "adjective".
- Dirae.es is a very interesting dictionary. For example, you enter the word azul in the search string. He gives you a dictionary entry with all the meanings of the word.
- Cvc.cervantes.es - texts from the Instituto Cervantes, which are divided into 3 levels. Conveniently, there are explanations (grammatical, lexical). For the most part, there are detectives, so it's interesting to read.
- Travlang.com - site in English with detailed thematic sections.
- German.about.com - grammar, exercises, trainings for the development of hearing and correct pronunciation.
- Dw.de - German language course from the German radio station "Deutsche Welle". The site contains files and news in mp3 format on various topics.
- Daf.report.ru - on the site you can find a variety of news, which in one way or another are related to the German language. Also you can study German online, passing tests and lessons presented on the site.
- Mediasprut.ru - an extensive catalog of links to Russian, German and foreign sites devoted to the study and improvement of the language.
- Deutsch-uni.com.ru - an exciting site for those who are learning German, a lot of useful and interesting information.
- Speakasap.com - site of Elena Shipilova. Who ever began to learn German independently, for sure, had already heard her name. Be sure to find and see all of her lessons on YouTube.
- Webs.racocatala.cat - a wonderful educational site, which contains grammar, vocabulary, exercises, dictations, tests, games, proverbs and sayings, songs and videos.
- Studyitalian.ru - site contains a lot of information for beginners.
- Initaliano.ru - news, detailed explanatory grammatical descriptions, texts for reading on levels of complexity, music, video, materials for teaching children.
- Dizionario.rai.it is a dictionary of spelling and pronunciation.
- Book2.de is a thorough and thought-out vocabulary for 100 topics. You can download in two versions - with translation and without. In addition to Italian there are many other languages.
- Facebook.com/impariamoitaliano - a collection of materials, links, exercises. The community is constantly updated.
- Oneworlditaliano.com - a selection of training materials, exercises, links, tests and news.
- Lingvisto.org - grammar and reading rules in the Czech language.
- Nej.wz.cz - "most-most" in Czech. For example, the longest word is nejneobhospodorovavatelnejsi.
- Kurz Cestiny - video lessons for beginners. You can learn a lot for yourself.
- Czechprimer.org - learning the language in pictures. No advertising.
- Сestina20.cz is an interesting slang dictionary. Subscribe to the newsletter and you will have every day for the word and its explanation.
- Czechclass101.com - audio and video lessons of the Czech language for beginners. To them you can download full transcriptions, accompanying materials and for especially passionate students even control tasks.
- Сzech-in-prague.cz - Yana Slavikova lives in Prague and teaches Czech students personally and on Skype. But on its site many materials are collected, which can be used for self-study.
- Wrong English verbs
- Superstyh for memorizing irregular verbs
- 150 expressions from English slang
- 100 English verbs of movement and action
- 170 English verbs that will be useful in any conversation
- The name of the months in Ukrainian, Russian, English, German, French
- Матюки, які роблять з тебе українця або Yak correctly bark
- English poems to remember stresses
- Useful resources for free language learning
- Useful services with native speakers for free language learning