Cheat sheet according to etiquette - it is necessary to know
Etiquette (from the French etiquette - a label, an inscription ) - rules of behavior of people in a society, supporting representations of the given society about appropriate. In modern form and meaning, the word was first used at the court of King of France Louis XIV - guests were handed out cards (labels) describing how they should stick; Although certain codes of norms and rules of behavior have existed since ancient times.
Traditionally, it has been assumed that the ancestral countries of etiquette are England and France, but the way of life in these countries at that time was such that in these cruel and rough conditions a person could not improve in his spiritual and moral endeavors. Certain moral rules and manners of behavior originated around the 14th century in Italy, where, at that time, the social essence and culture of the individual began to emerge as one of the first places. In Russia, one of the first codes of conduct is "domostroy" (XVI century).
Etiquette can vary significantly in different conditions, depending on the particular era and cultural environment. It can also be conditionally divided into situational and professional, secular and business, although it is often impossible to draw clear boundaries between them, since the rules of different sections of etiquette are repeated, include the rules of other sections (sometimes slightly changed), proceed from basic norms of behavior.
This useful cheat sheet on etiquette will help you always and everywhere to know all the rules of etiquette at the table and alcohol. What kind of food is what instruments and from which glasses it is right to drink all the drinks.
Share with friends, so as not to hit the dirt in the face.
Wine glasses: drinking rules
The general rule is this: for red wines you need large glasses, for whites are medium, for strong drinks are small, because they should emphasize not the alcoholic component, but the fruit character. Glasses for wine have a fairly wide bottom and taper in the upper part. Glasses for red wine are usually more roundish, for white are more elongated. The leg of the wine glasses should be long enough to be taken care of by hand. If you hold the glass differently, fingerprints will inevitably remain on the glass, and the wine will be warm, which is usually undesirable. The ideal material for glasses is thin and transparent unpainted crystal without engraving: it allows you to better see the wine and evaluate the color of its "clothes". However, the material is still not as important as the form.
Combination of wine and food
The main principle of harmony of drinks and dishes is to try to present both in the most advantageous light so that they do not hide the dignity of each other, but on the contrary, emphasize and complement each other's flavor and aromatic features. Each of the alcoholic drinks plays one or another role in the feast, but all of them can be divided into two large groups - aperitifs and digestives. Aperitifs are drunk to arouse appetite, digestives are the final chord of the meal, conducive to digestion. There are basic provisions for the compatibility of drinks and dishes, which must be performed if you are the host of a feast, since these provisions take into account the weighted average and time-tested tastes of the absolute majority of people.
Combinations of wine and cheese
Many people know that cheese and wine perfectly blend with each other. Used together, they emphasize the dignity of each other. However, picking the wine that fits perfectly with the specific type of cheese is not at all easy. At the same time, the wrong combination can spoil the taste of both cheese and wine. Even more difficult situation with the right choice of wine is if it comes to a cheese plate. Thus, to choose the right combination, you do not just need to know the cheeses, but also to understand the wines well. To obtain certain ideas and knowledge about the combination of cheese and wine, one should start with the most general principles. Knowing these principles makes it possible to choose the right wine for cheese with a greater degree of probability and to appreciate the real taste of cheese in combination with wine:
- White wines are combined with cheese better than red wines. This is especially true for cheeses with a sharp strongly pronounced taste, as they discourage the taste of red wines, and spoil their bouquet.
- The stronger and sharper the taste of cheese, the more strong the wine it requires.
- Cheeses do not like the expressed taste of wood, therefore it is better to avoid the use of long kept in wooden barrels of wines.
- To neutral and sweetish to taste cheese it is better not to serve fresh wines, as they have a high content of acid and with cheese will seem even more sour.
- The choice of wine also depends on the degree of maturity of the cheese. The more mature the cheese, the more aged the wine comes to it.
- Cheese and wine produced in one region as a rule best complement each other.
- Red wines are best served with soft delicate cheeses, and dry white wines with spicy cheese snacks.
An important point in attracting visitors is the proper table setting. The word "serving" has two meanings: first, preparing the table for breakfast, lunch, dinner or tea, that is, placing the dishes in a certain order, and secondly, the set of objects (dishes, table linen) intended for this purpose . Serving the table is multifaceted. Preliminary table setting is the most important stage of preparation of the hall for the reception of visitors. The form of serving depends on the class of the enterprise, the method and the time of service. In the morning and lunch time, there is a minimum serving, in the evening more complete.
Table setting should meet the following requirements:
- Match the type of service;
- Match the menu offered snacks, dishes and drinks;
- Combined with the shape of the table, the color of the tablecloth and napkins, with the form of their curling, with the general interior of the hall;
- Reflect the national peculiarity and thematic focus of the enterprise;
- All items of serving should be in accordance with the rules.
Sequence of serving.
- 1. Tearing the table with a cloth.
- 2. Serving with plates.
- 3. Serving with appliances.
- 4. Serving with glass (crystal) dishes.
- 5. Making table with napkins.
- 6. Arrangement of devices for spices.
- 7. Arrangement of vases with flowers.
When laying the table, observe a certain order:
- First put porcelain or porcelain dishes,
- Then stack the instruments
- And then put the crystal or glass.
Glasses, wine glasses, wine glasses, putting on the table, hold on to the leg.
Serving tables can be different depending on the nature of the meal:
- Or evening services for guests.
Choosing a cutlery, we often do not think about whether we do it right, in accordance with all norms. After all, when the guests come, it will be necessary to serve the table, and without such details it is simply impossible. And do not want to "fall face down in the mud" and serve unattractive spoons, forks and knives on the table, or more - do not know where to "stick them". To all this did not happen, we offer you a short description of all cutlery, as well as the rules for their use - what devices for what and how to use them. There are several options for selecting devices. First, it is the material and its quality. The most common are plastic, wood, aluminum, stainless steel, nickel silver, and silverware. The last three options are most often used when serving tables at receptions and banquets. The material should also be hygienic, because it directly enters our body through food. The second parameter of choice is design. Instruments should not be overly bright and distracting. According to experts, beauty, sophistication and restraint are three properties that should be enjoyed by cutlery. Of course, this is not a rule, and everyone chooses himself that suits a particular situation (kitchen, dining furniture, event, etc.). The only requirement is that the design does not contribute to the accumulation of dirt and leftover food. Finally, practicality and universality of use also take an important place.
- Women's Underwear
- Women's summer shoes
- Women's shoes
- Types of women's panties
- Makeup brushes
- Correct makeup
- All about jeans
- Cheat sheet according to etiquette
- Guide to sun glasses
- Style Tips for Men
- Ring size systems
- Color combinations in clothes
- Table of sizes of clothes
- Winter equipment selection
- How to choose a ring
- Shoe Guide for Men
- Hijab, veil, veil ...
- How to dress by age
- How to choose high heel shoes