What you need to have with you in case of war or "emergency briefcase"
An emergency (“emergency”) case is a generalized definition of a basic set of things that every civilian person needs to survive in any extreme situation.
The civil anxious briefcase, as a rule, is a complete backpack with a capacity of 30 liters or more, containing the necessary individual minimum of clothing, hygiene items, medicines, tools, personal protective equipment and food. All things in an alarming backpack are new (periodically renewable) and are not used by the owner in everyday life.
The civil alarm case is designed for the quickest possible evacuation from an emergency zone, be it an earthquake, a flood, a fire, an aggravated crime situation, the epicenter of hostilities, etc.
I believe that today an anxious briefcase should be present in every family. If you think otherwise, then you have no reason to read further.
First of all, you need to decide on the "suitcase" itself.
For this purpose, in my opinion, it is more convenient to use a small backpack.
Why a backpack, not a bag?
Imagine a situation in which you have to walk, rather than drive a car.
For example, there is a traffic jam everywhere and it is urgent to evacuate on foot.
Threw a backpack and went. With a bag more problematic - less convenient to carry.
Just want to say about the conclusion of a backpack.
Both small and expedition backpacks should not be laid according to the “heavy-down” principle, but should be distributed evenly.
Well, if you have a backpack with a "basement" (bottom flap).
Enclose a backpack so that you can quickly and easily find the right thing.
It is good if the backpack is equipped with a special rain cover. If it is not included, then you can buy it separately.
It is also worth noting that preference should be given to the backpack, which is conveniently located on the back, does not hinder movement and does not disperse at the seams in the first 30 minutes.
Let us now consider in more detail and thoroughly, which sets of things and essential goods you will need to assemble.
The list is based in part on recommendations from the New York Emergency Service.
Perhaps in your area and for your family it will have to be reduced or, conversely, expanded. For example, the elderly, disabled and children have special needs.
So, in case of emergency evacuation, it is advised to have on hand a durable and comfortable backpack with the most necessary.
It is recommended to put the following into it:
- Copies of important documents in waterproof packaging. Make copies of all important documents in advance - passport, car license, documents for real estate, car, etc. Documents should be laid so that, if necessary, they can be quickly reached. Some sources also indicate among the documents to keep a few photos of loved ones.
- Credit cards and cash. Let you have a small stock of money.
- Duplicate house and car keys
- Map of the area, as well as information about the method of communication and the agreed meeting place of your family
- Means of communication and information. A small radio with the ability to receive in the VHF and FM. Now there are inexpensive receivers with a dynamo and a battery. Allow to be aware of the situation. Spare batteries for the radio (if needed). You can take a mobile phone (if any) with a charger.
- Flashlight (preferably several) and spare batteries for it
- Compass watch (give preference to waterproof).
- Multitool (English Multitool) is a multifunctional tool, usually in the form of complex passages with hollow handles, in which additional tools are hidden (knife blade, awl, saw, screwdriver, scissors, etc.)
- Signal tools (whistle, false sweater, etc.)
- Pieces five garbage bags of 120 liters. Can replace tent or awning if cut
- Wide scotch roll
- Condom packaging (12 pieces without a box, of course, without lubrication and flavors). Condom - a multifaceted thing.
- Synthetic cord 4-5mm, about 20 m
- Notebook and pencil
- Threads and needles
- First Aid Kit . In the description of any "alarming suitcase" a large place is given to medicines. Almost always there are more of them than in a standard car first aid kit. This is understandable: it means that help can be rendered not only to themselves, but also to those around them. The first aid kit should include: - Bandages, adhesive plaster, cotton wool, iodine, - "Activated carbon" (intoxication), - "Paracetamol" (antipyretic) - "Pentalgin" (anesthetic) - "Suprastin" (allergy) - "Immodium" ( diarrhea) - "Ftalazol" (gastric infection) - "Albucidum" (eye drops).
- Your medications taken (at least a week) with a description of the method of use and the dose of prescriptions, names and mobile phones of your doctors (watch for the expiration date of the drugs).
- Clothing : a set of underwear (2 pairs), cotton socks (2 pairs) and wool, spare pants, shirt or jacket, raincoat, knitted hat, gloves, scarf (you may need in the most unexpected situations). Comfortable, reliable shoes.
- Mini-tent, polyurethane mat, sleeping bag (if space permits).
- Hygiene products : a toothbrush and toothpaste, a small piece of soap, a towel (there are such in pressed packaging), toilet paper, several packs of disposable dry tissue or napkins, a few handkerchiefs, wet wipes. Women - means intimate hygiene. You can take a razor and manicure set.
- Accessories for children (if necessary).
- Crockery : pot, flask, spoon, mug (metal 0.5l is better), folding cup.
- Matches (preferably tourist), lighter.
- Food supply for several days - everything that can be eaten without prior treatment and does not take up much space, non-perishable remains for a long time), drinking water is especially needed: - supply of drinking water for 1-2 days, which must be updated periodically (water should not be stagnant ) - High-calorie sweets: a few Snickers or Shock bars (still used by tactical groups as a source of food and energy, they have a low weight), a handful of candies - A set of products: a couple of cans of good stews, biscuits, soup - bags, meat and fish nye canned. If the place still allows: pearl barley, buckwheat, long grain rice, millet, pasta, vermicelli, dry vegetable semi-finished products and so on. - Vodka, wine, drinking alcohol. Half a liter of vodka for someone can be a means to relieve stress and currency.
- Family values , relics, but by no means to the detriment of everything else. This list, of course, is supplemented and adjusted according to your needs. Tent, rug and sleeping bag things are not required, but still they are included in the list. Without them, the approximate volume of the backpack is about 30 liters.