Oatmeal cookies with raisins (Mom's recipe)
Depending on the baking time, this oatmeal cookie can be soft or crispy.
The original recipe:
- 225 g (2 sticks) of butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 h salt
- 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups of raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 225 g of butter (preferably 78% fat content)
- 250 grams of white sugar (150 white and 100 grams of brown)
- 210 gr of flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 80 grams of wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon of soda
- 240 grams of oatmeal with a slide (130 g of product)
- 1.5 cup raisins, cranberries, cherries, cornelian, chicken, etc.
Preheat the oven to 190 ° C / 375 ° F. Lubricate with oil or cover with a sheet of parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat the mixer with oil. Gradually add sugar and whip until lush.
Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each. Add the vanilla.
Mix the whisk in a separate bowl of flour, soda and salt. Gradually add to the oil mass. Beat until smooth. Add oat flakes and raisins, stir.
Mix sugar and cinnamon in a saucer.
Form the balls from the dough 2-3 cm in diameter, roll in sugar with cinnamon and put on a baking tray at a distance of 5 cm.
Bake 8-10 minutes, until light browning (regardless of the desired structure of the biscuit, immediately after baking, it should remain soft in the middle, after cooling the cookie will harden). Ready cookies leave on a baking sheet for 1 minute, and then shift to a grate until completely cooled.
Store in closed containers.