How to make a pine torch
The torch is a type of lamp that shines intensively, for a long time (up to one and a half hours) and in any weather.
Consider one of the simplest ways to make a pine torch.
- We cut a pine branch at the base.
- The end of the branch is divided into 4 sections.
- We insert small twigs into the cracks that have formed - in order to expand them as much as possible. This will fix the tinder in the gaps, as well as provide oxygen to the tinder.
- On the outside of the torch we make serifs, which will allow it to flare up faster.
- Fill the crack of the torch with pine shavings.
- It is desirable that the amount of chips in the cracks be greater than shown in the photographs.
- We set fire to the torch and let it flare up, protecting it from the wind.
- A flaming torch will not stop neither rain nor wind ...
- It burns for about 1-1.5 hours. This will be enough to equip temporary housing or provide first aid.