How to make a torch made of pine
The torch is a kind of lamp that shines intensively, long (up to an hour and a half) and in any weather.
Consider one of the simplest methods of manufacturing a torch made of pine.
- We cut the pine branch at the base.
- The end of the branch is divided into 4 sections.
- In the formed cracks we insert small twigs - to maximally expand them. This will allow the tinder to be fixed in the gaps, and also to provide oxygen to the tinder pipe.
- From the outside of the torch we make serifs, which will allow it to flare up faster.
- Fill the crack of the torch with pine chips.
- It is desirable that the amount of chips in the cracks is greater than shown in the photographs.
- We ignite the torch and let it burn, protecting it from the wind.
- A flaming torch will not stop the rain or wind ...
- It burns about 1-1.5 hours. This will be enough to equip a temporary home or provide first aid.