How to choose everything you need for winter fun
Winter sport is a sport that is played during the cold winter months. Most of these sports are types of skiing, ice skating and sleigh rides. Traditionally, such sports existed only in cold areas where there is winter with temperatures below zero, but artificial snow and artificial ice make it possible to hold events in almost any climatic conditions. Artificial ice can be used to ensure the presence of ice skating rinks for skating and hockey in hot climates.
Common individual winter sports include cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, snowboarding, ski jumping, speed skating, figure skating, tobogganing, skeleton, bobsleigh, and snowmobiling . Common team sports include ice hockey, curling and ball hockey . Based on the number of participants, hockey is the most popular winter sport in the world, then hockey comes with a ball. Winter sports often have their own multisports tournaments, such as the Winter Olympics.
It is not easy to buy equipment for winter sports, because the range is very large, and for beginners it is simply huge. Not only comfort, but also your safety and the safety of small athletes and children depends on how well the snowboard, skis, skates, or tubing cheesecakes are matched. Tips for choosing winter equipment that will help you not to be mistaken with the purchase further in the article.
The length of the skis is selected based on the height of the person:
- Classic skis designed for riding on a ski track should be 20–30 cm longer;
- ridged, used to move the so-called “herringbone” on a flat track without a ski run, by 10–15;
- combined, suitable for both the ridge and the classic move, by 15–20.
When choosing sticks should also focus on the growth of an athlete. Sticks for skating should be less than 15–20 cm in height, 25–30 for a classic one.
In the middle of the ski, on the sliding surface there are notches that do not allow the snow to stick. There are classic skis and no notches, but in order not to suffer in the future with the selection of ski ointment, beginners should not purchase such models.
When choosing skis, you need to carry out a stiffness test: stand on both skis and ask someone to put a notebook sheet under the bend at the place of bending. In ideal skating, he should move 15 cm in both directions. For classic and combined skis - by 30 cm.
The size of the ski boot should be the same size as the foot. They should not be held too loosely, but they should not squeeze the foot either.
There are several types of alpine skiing, designed for different types of skiing: freeride, downhill, slalom, giant slalom, supergiant. However, for the first steps in skiing, carving skis designed for skiing on prepared tracks are best suited.
First of all, attention should be paid to the length and width of the skis:
- Short and narrow skis have good maneuverability and are suitable for skiing on hard snow and uneven trails.
- Long and wide skis help to develop high speed and confidently slow down, but to ride them is best on a wide and level track and deep snow.
A novice athlete should stop the choice of downhill skiing with little rigidity.
To choose this parameter correctly, you need to take two skis and attach them to each other with sliding surfaces, and then squeeze in the middle with two fingers of one hand. If a little effort is enough to make them touch, then such skis are ideal for a beginner athlete.
Unlike mountain skiing, the size of a snowboard is not directly related to the growth of an athlete. The size of the board is determined based on the weight of the person, the level of training and riding style, so each manufacturer has its own table, which indicates the desired size of the board.
There are several types of snowboards designed for different types of skating:
- Freestyle . These snowboards are used to perform various tricks, so they have the same shape and size of the front and rear. The stiffness of the freestyle boards is small, so they are well suited for beginners. Denoted by the letters FS .
- Carving , used for downhill, slalom and skiing on the prepared tracks. FC is used to designate such boards.
- Freeriding Such snowboards are chosen by athletes who ride on unprepared slopes with deep snow, so they have the greatest width and length among all. You can find freeride boards by marking FR .
- Universal , which are equally suitable for all types of riding. The letters AM are put on the snowboards of this type.
There are snowboards and width. The boot sock should not protrude beyond the edge of the board by more than 2 cm. Those whose foot size exceeds 44 should choose models with the inscription Wide.
Snowboards also differ in the shape of the deflection, each of which is designed for a specific form of skiing.
Classic Camber . Boards of this type are used for freeride and carving, as well as for descending on groomed routes. To keep such a snowboard requires a lot of effort, so it is not suitable for training.
Reverse deflection (Rocker) . Both the tail and the nose of such a snowboard are raised, which makes it the best option for riding in boxing and jigging. Back-deflection boards help an athlete reduce stunts and are well suited for riding loose snow. This type of snowboard should be chosen by beginners.
Flat deflection (Flat) . Flat-deflection snowboards are used to perform complex stunts, but at speed and on landing they are very unstable. Those who are just mastering snowboarding, this type of construction is not suitable.
Combined Camber (Camber-combination) . Boards with a combined deflection are considered universal and are suitable for all types of skating, especially for carving and freeride.
It is worth paying attention to the weight of the board. Too heavy snowboard will not allow to make jumps. It is easy to determine the optimal weight - if the board easily rises by the nose with one hand, it means that it is chosen correctly.
There are 4 types of skates for different types of skating:
- Figured, designed to perform various tricks and elements, but also suitable for normal riding. The shoe of such skates is made of hard leather or leatherette, unlined. It firmly fixes the ankle joint, preventing possible injuries. The blade of the figure skate is rounded on both sides and has four teeth on the nose, intended for braking.
- Pleasure skates. Outwardly, they are similar to figured ones, but the shoe is slightly lower and noticeably softer, and there are no roundings and teeth on the blades. These shoes are not designed for jumping, because due to the soft fixation of the legs do not protect against injuries. In walking skates, as a rule, there is a liner-insulation.
- Hockey skates are suitable not only for the game, but also for regular skating. The shoe of such skates is made of plastic or composite materials, due to which it has a very high rigidity. There are roundings on the blade on both sides.
- Racing skates, designed exclusively for professionals involved in speed skating. The shoe of such skates is low, and the blade is straight and long.
The rules of choice for all types of skates are the same:
- The shoe should fit tightly to the leg, and the heel to rest on the heel.
- The size of the skate must strictly match the size of the foot.
- When walking shoes should not squeeze the foot. If this happens, try on skates of the same size, but with a different fullness.
- When tilting and squatting shoes should not bend.
Try on skates should be on the same socks that will be worn for skating.
The blade should be secured to the boot with screws, not rivets. Such a fixation makes it possible to change the blades if they become unusable. The blade itself should not have cracks, irregularities and chips.
Tubing is an ordinary car camera, covered with a dense synthetic fabric. However, despite the simplicity of design, the wrong choice of cheesecakes can lead to injuries while riding.
To avoid this, when buying you need to follow a few rules:
- On the tubing, be sure to have handles - check how firmly they are sewn.
- Ask the seller to show the documents on the cheesecake in which the material from which it is made is indicated. The top is considered the best of reinforced fabric made of PVC with a density of at least 650 g / m2 . The density of the material from which the bottom is made must be at least 900 g / m2.
- Notice which camera is installed in the tubing. You should not choose cheesecakes with cameras made in China , because they can explode under heavy loads. You can distinguish a low-quality camera by the acrid smell of rubber.
- Check the quality of the seams - they should be thick, smooth and reinforced inserts from nylon .
Choose the size of the cheesecake should be based on the growth of who will ride. Outside diameter can be from 85 to 125 cm.
Via adme.ru & wiki