How to choose the right things for winter entertainment
Winter sport is a kind of sport that is played during the cold winter months. Most of these sports are types of skiing, skating and sledding. Traditionally, such sports existed only in cold regions where there is winter with temperatures below zero, but artificial snow and artificial ice allow carrying out activities in almost any climatic conditions. Artificial ice can be used to ensure the availability of ice skating rinks for ice skating and hockey in hot climates.
General individual winter sports include cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, snowboarding, ski jumping, speed skating, figure skating, tobogganing, skeleton, bobsledding and snowmobiling . The general team sports include ice hockey, curling and hockey . Based on the number of participants, hockey is the most popular winter sport in the world, then there is hockey with the ball. Winter sports often have their own multi-sport tournaments, such as the Winter Olympics.
Buy equipment for winter sports can be difficult, because the range is very large, and for beginners is simply huge. On how well chosen snowboard, skis, skates, or tubing-cheesecake, depends not only comfort, but also your safety and safety of small athletes, children. Tips for choosing winter equipment that will help you not make a mistake with your purchase later in the article.
The length of skis is selected based on the growth of a person:
- Classical skis intended for riding on a rolled track must be 20-30 cm longer;
- skating, used to move the so-called "herringbone" on a flat track without a trail, - at 10-15;
- combined, suitable for both ridge, and for classical travel, by 15-20.
When choosing sticks, you should also focus on the growth of the athlete. The sticks for the ridge move should be less than the growth by 15-20 cm, for the classical one - by 25-30.
In the middle of the ski, on the sliding surface there are notches that do not allow the snow to stick. There are classic skis and without incisions, however, in order not to suffer further with the selection of a ski ointment, beginners should not purchase such models.
When choosing skis, you need to test for rigidity: stand on both skis and ask someone to put under them a bend sheet at the bend. In ideal skate skiing, he must move 15 cm in both directions. For classic and combined skis - by 30 cm.
The size of the ski boots must match the size of the foot. They should not be too loose, but they should not squeeze the foot.
There are several types of skiing, designed for different types of skiing: freeride, downhill, slalom, giant slalom, supergiant. However, for the first steps in skiing, carving skis are best suited for skiing on prepared tracks.
First of all, you need to pay attention to the length and width of the skis:
- Short and narrow skis have good maneuverability and are suitable for skiing on hard snow and uneven trails.
- Long and wide skis help to develop high speed and confidently brake, but ride them best on a wide and flat track and deep snow.
A beginner is worth stopping on skiing with a little stiffness.
To properly choose this option, you need to take two skis and put them to each other sliding surfaces, and then squeeze in the middle with two fingers of one hand. If a little effort is enough for their contact, then such skis are ideal for a beginner athlete.
Unlike skiing, the size of a snowboard does not directly depend on the growth of an athlete. The size of the board is determined based on the person's weight, training level and riding style, so each manufacturer has his own table, which indicates the size of the board.
There are several types of snowboards designed for different types of skiing:
- Freestyle . These snowboards are used to perform various tricks, so they have the same shape and size of the front and back. The rigidity of freestyle boards is small, so they are good for beginners. They are denoted by the letters FS .
- Carving , used for downhill, slalom and skating on the prepared tracks. The abbreviation FC is used to denote such boards.
- Freeriding . Similar snowboards are chosen by athletes riding on unprepared slopes with deep snow, so they have the largest width and length among all. You can learn the freeride boards by marking FR .
- Universal , which are equally suitable for all types of riding. On snowboards of this kind are put the letters AM .
Distinguish between snowboards and width. The toe of the boot should not protrude beyond the edge of the board more than 2 cm. For those whose foot size exceeds 44, choose models with the inscription Wide.
Snowboards differ in the shape of the deflection, each of which is designed for a certain form of riding.
Classic Camber . The boards of this type are used for freeride and carving, as well as for descent along the harried routes. To keep such a snowboard, it takes a lot of effort, so for training it does not fit.
Backward deflection (Rocker) . And the tail and nose of this snowboard are elevated, which makes it the best option for skiing in boxing and jigging. Back-deflection boards help the athlete to reduce effort while performing tricks and are well suited for riding on loose snow. Snowboard of this type should be chosen for beginners.
Flat deflection (Flat) . Snowboards with a flat deflection are used to perform complex tricks, but at speed and when landing they are very unstable. Those who are just learning snowboarding, this type of construction is not suitable.
Combined camber (Camber-combination) . Combined deflection boards are considered universal and suitable for all types of riding, especially for carving and freeriding.
It is worth paying attention to the weight of the board. Too heavy snowboarding will not allow jumping. Determine the optimal weight is simple - if the board easily rises behind the nose with one hand, then it is matched correctly.
There are 4 types of skates for different types of skating:
- Figured, designed to perform various tricks and elements, but also suitable for conventional skating. The boot of such skates is made of hard leather or leatherette, without lining. He firmly fixes the ankle, preventing possible injuries. The blade of the figure skate is rounded on both sides and has four prongs on its nose, designed for braking.
- Pleasure skates. Outwardly they are similar to figurative, but the shoe is slightly lower and noticeably softer, and on the blades there are no roundings and teeth. These shoes are not designed for jumping, because because of the soft fixation of the legs are not protected from injury. In pleasure skates, as a rule, there is a liner-warmer.
- Hockey skates are suitable not only for the game, but also for ordinary skating. The boot of such skates is made of plastic or composite materials, due to which it has very high rigidity. The blade has curvatures on both sides.
- Running skates, designed exclusively for professionals engaged in speed skating. The boot of such skates is not high, but the blade is straight and long.
The selection rules for all kinds of skates are the same:
- The boot should fit tightly around the foot, and the heel rest against the back.
- The size of the ridge must strictly coincide with the size of the foot.
- When walking, the shoe should not squeeze the leg. If this happens, try on skates of the same size, but with another completeness.
- When tilting and squatting, the boot should not bend.
Try to skate on the same socks, which will be worn for skating.
The blade must be fixed to the shoe with screws, not rivets. This fixation makes it possible to change the blades if they come into disrepair. The blade itself should not have cracks, irregularities and chips.
Tubing - this is an ordinary car camera, covered with a dense synthetic fabric. However, despite the simplicity of design, the wrong choice of cheesecake can lead to injury during riding.
To avoid this, when buying, you need to observe several rules:
- On the tube must be handles - check how tightly they are sewn.
- Ask the seller to show documents on the cheesecake, in which the material from which it is made is indicated. The best is considered to be a top made of reinforced fabric made of PVC with a density of at least 650 g / m2 . The density of the material from which the bottom is made must be at least 900 g / m2.
- Notice which camera is installed in the tubing. Do not choose cheesecakes with chambers made in China , because they can explode at high loads. To distinguish a poor-quality camera it is possible on a sticky smell of rubber.
- Check the quality of the seams - they should be thick, even and reinforced inserts from the nylon .
Choose the size of the cheesecake should be based on the growth of who will ride. The outer diameter can be from 85 to 125 cm.
Via adme.ru & wiki