How to choose everything you need for winter entertainment
Winter sport is a sport that is played during the cold winter months. Most of these sports are skiing, ice skating and sledding. Traditionally, such sports existed only in cold areas where there is winter with temperatures below zero, but artificial snow and artificial ice allow events to be held in almost any climate. Artificial ice can be used to provide ice rinks for ice skating and hockey in hot climates.
Common individual winter sports include skiing, downhill skiing, snowboarding, ski jumping, speed skating, figure skating, sledding, skeleton, bobsledding and snowmobiling . Common team sports include ice hockey, curling and ball hockey . Based on the number of participants, hockey is the most popular winter sport in the world, followed by ball hockey. Winter sports often have their own multisports tournaments, such as the Winter Olympics.
Buying equipment for winter sports can be difficult, because the range is very large, and for beginners it is simply huge. Not only comfort, but also your safety and the safety of young athletes, children depends on how correctly selected a snowboard, ski, skate, or tubing-cheesecake. Tips for choosing winter equipment that will help you not to make a mistake with the purchase later in the article.
The length of the skis is selected based on the height of the person:
- classic skis intended for riding on a rolled track should be 20-30 cm longer;
- ridge, used to move the so-called "herringbone" on a flat track without a ski track, by 10-15;
- combined, suitable for both the ridge and the classic move, for 15–20.
When choosing sticks, you should also focus on the growth of the athlete. Sticks for the ridge should be 15–20 cm less than the height, and 25–30 for the classic.
In the middle of the ski, on a sliding surface there are notches that prevent the snow from sticking. There are classic skis without notches, however, in order not to suffer in the future with the selection of ski ointment, beginners should not purchase such models.
When choosing skis, you need to conduct a stiffness test: stand on both skis and ask someone to put a copybook under them at the bend. In ideal skating, he should move 15 cm in both directions. For classic and combination skis - 30 cm.
The size of the ski boots must match the size of the foot. They should not be held too loose, but should not squeeze the foot.
There are several types of alpine skiing designed for different types of skiing: freeriding, downhill, slalom, giant slalom, super giant. However, carving skis intended for skiing on prepared tracks are best suited for the first steps in skiing.
First of all, you need to pay attention to the length and width of the skis:
- Short and narrow skis have good maneuverability and are suitable for skiing on hard snow and uneven tracks.
- Long and wide skis help to develop high speed and confidently slow down, but it is best to ride them on a wide and flat track and deep snow.
A novice athlete should opt for skiing with little stiffness.
To choose this parameter correctly, you need to take two skis and put them to each other with sliding surfaces, and then squeeze in the middle with two fingers of one hand. If a little effort is enough for their contact, then such skis are ideal for a novice athlete.
Unlike alpine skiing, the size of the snowboard does not directly depend on the growth of the athlete. The size of the board is determined based on the weight of the person, the level of training and the style of riding, so each manufacturer has their own table, which indicates the desired size of the board.
There are several types of snowboards designed for different types of skiing:
- Freestyle . Such snowboards are used to perform various tricks, therefore they have the same shape and size of the front and rear. The rigidity of freestyle boards is small, so they are well suited for beginners. Indicated by the letters FS .
- Carving , used for downhill, slalom and skiing on prepared tracks. To refer to such boards, the abbreviation FC is used .
- Freeriding . Such snowboards are chosen by athletes riding on unprepared slopes with deep snow, so they have the largest width and length among all. Freeride boards can be recognized by the FR marking.
- Universal , which are equally suitable for all types of riding. On snowboards of this kind, the letters AM are placed.
There are also snowboards in width. The toe of the boot should not protrude beyond the edge of the board by more than 2 cm. Those whose foot size exceeds 44 should choose models with the inscription Wide.
Snowboards also differ in the form of deflection, each of which is designed for a certain form of skiing.
Classic camber (Camber) . Boards of this type are used for freeriding and carving, as well as for descent along packed tracks. To maintain such a snowboard requires a lot of effort, so it is not suitable for training.
Back deflection (Rocker) . And the tail and nose of such a snowboard are raised, which makes it the best option for skiing in boxing and jigging. Back deflection boards help the athlete reduce effort when performing stunts and are well suited for riding on loose snow. This type of snowboard should be chosen by beginners.
Flat deflection (Flat) . Flat deflection snowboards are used to perform complex tricks, but they are very unstable at speed and when landing. For those who are just mastering snowboarding, this type of construction is not suitable.
Combined camber (Camber-combination) . Combined deflection boards are considered universal and are suitable for all types of skating, especially for carving and freeriding.
It is worth paying attention to the weight of the board. Too heavy a snowboard will not allow jumping. Determining the optimal weight is simple - if the board easily rises behind the nose with one hand, then it is correctly selected.
There are 4 types of skates for different types of skating:
- Curly, designed to perform various tricks and elements, but also suitable for ordinary skiing. The shoe of such skates is made of hard leather or leatherette, without lining. It firmly fixes the ankle joint, preventing possible injuries. The skate blade is rounded on both sides and has four teeth on the nose designed to brake.
- Walking skates. Outwardly, they are similar to curly ones, however, the boot is slightly lower and noticeably softer, and there are no roundings and teeth on the blades. These boots are not designed for jumping, because due to the soft fixation, the legs do not protect against injuries. In walking skates, as a rule, there is a heater liner.
- Hockey skates are suitable not only for the game, but also for ordinary skating. The shoe for such skates is made of plastic or composite materials, which makes it very stiff. There are curvatures on the blade on both sides.
- Cross-country skates designed exclusively for professionals in the field of speed skating. The shoe of such skates is not high, and the blade is straight and long.
The selection rules for all types of skates are the same:
- The boot should fit the leg tightly, and the heel should rest against the heel.
- The size of the ridge should strictly match the size of the leg.
- When walking, the shoe should not squeeze the foot. If this happens, try on skates of the same size, but with a different completeness.
- When bending and crouching, the shoes should not be bent.
Trying on skates should be on the same socks that will be worn for skating.
The blade should be secured to the boot with screws, not rivets. This fixation makes it possible to change the blades if they become unusable. The blade itself should not have cracks, bumps or chips.
Tubing is a regular car camera, covered with a dense synthetic fabric. However, despite the simplicity of the design, the wrong choice of cheesecakes can lead to injuries while riding.
To avoid this, when buying, you must observe several rules:
- There must be handles on the tubing - check how firmly they are sewn.
- Ask the seller to show the cheesecake documents that indicate the material from which it is made. The top is considered to be the top of reinforced fabric made of PVC with a density of at least 650 g / m2 . The density of the material from which the bottom is made must be at least 900 g / m2.
- Pay attention to which camera is installed in the tubing. Do not choose cheesecakes with cameras made in China , as they can explode under heavy loads. You can distinguish a low-quality camera by the pungent smell of rubber.
- Check the quality of the seams - they should be thick, even and reinforced nylon inserts .
Choose the size of cheesecakes should be based on the growth of the one who will ride. The outer diameter can be from 85 to 125 cm.
Via adme.ru & wiki