Secret combinations of Windows and OSX on your keyboard
A shortcut (synonyms: hot key, shortcut, shortcut key, shortcut key, keyboard accelerator; English keyboard shortcut, quick key, access key, hot key) (for software) is a kind of interaction interface with a computing device (computer, calculator), which represents the pressing of a button / key (or key combination) on the keyboard, which is assigned to (programmed) a certain action - commands (operations) executed by this system. As a rule, it partially duplicates the interface of a menu or buttons and serves to significantly speed up the work, as well as increasing the number of possible actions performed using the keyboard. Keyboard shortcuts are particularly widely used in real-time computer games, in which the speed of a player's reaction to developments is important - in particular, in strategies.
The ⊞ Win button, which can be found on the keyboard of PC-compatible computers, serves not only to launch the Start menu. Its use in combination with other keys simplifies work on the computer and saves time. On Apple's keyboards, the ⌘ Command button is often called Apple.
We at shram.kiev.ua have compiled a list of the capabilities of these buttons, which will certainly come in handy for every Windows and OSX user.
Keyboard layout is an agreement on the conformity of typographic characters (letters, numbers, punctuation marks, etc.) of a written language to the keys of a computer keyboard, typewriter or other device with the help of which text is entered.
Fn (abbr. From the English. Function) - modifier key used on many computer keyboard with a compact layout (especially notebook), to combine functions, usually located on separate buttons. On full-size "multimedia" keyboards there is a similar F-Lock key. It is mainly intended to quickly change the settings of the screen and sound, such as brightness, contrast and volume, and to do this, press simultaneously with any other key.
A computer keyboard is a device that allows the user to enter information into a computer (input device). It is a set of keys (buttons) arranged in a specific order.
- ⊞ Win - open / close the Start menu; in Windows 8.1 - open the previous window;
- Win + A - open the Notification Center (in Windows 10);
- ⊞ Win + B - select the first icon in the notification area (then you can switch between the icons with the arrow keys);
- Win + Ctrl + B - switch to the program displaying the message in the notification area;
- ⊞ Win + C - show the sidebar “Charm Bar” (in Windows 8 and 8.1), in Windows 10 - call Cortana (when using a supported language);
- ⊞ Win + D - show desktop (instantly minimize all open windows);
- ⊞ Win + E - open “Explorer”; in Windows 10, by default, opens the "Quick Access Panel";
- ⊞ Win + F - open “File Search”;
- ⊞ Win + Ctrl + F - open “Search for computers”;
- ⊞ Win + G - show gadgets over all windows (only in Windows 7 and Vista); open the game panel in Windows 10;
- ⊞ Win + K - open a new Start menu - Connections (in Windows 8 and 8.1);
- ⊞ Win + L - change user or lock the workstation;
- ⊞ Win + M - minimize all windows;
- ⊞ Win + ⇧ Shift + M - restore windows after minimizing;
- ⊞ Win + O - turn off the screen rotation (turn off the response to the gyroscope on the tablets);
- ⊞ Win + P - switch operating modes with an external monitor / projector (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + Q - open the search pane for installed programs (tested in Windows 8);
- ⊞ Win + R - open the “Run” window;
- ⊞ Win + T - switch focus to the taskbar (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + U - open the Accessibility Center;
- ⊞ Win + W - open Windows Ink Workspace (notes, screen shot);
- ⊞ Win + X - open the Windows Mobile Applications Center (only for mobile computers in Windows Vista and 7);
- ⊞ Win + Y - open Yahoo! Messenger (if installed).
- ⊞ Win + Pause - open system properties;
- ⊞ Win + F1 - open the Windows Help and Support Center;
- ⊞ Win + 1 ... 0 - start / switch to the program assigned to the taskbar with the specified sequence number (only in Windows Vista and later);
- ⊞ Win + ⇧ Shift + 1 ... 0 - launch a new instance of the program, fixed in the taskbar with the specified sequence number (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + Ctrl + 1 ... 0 - switch to the last active window of the program, fixed in the taskbar with the specified sequence number (only in Windows 7 and later);
- ⊞ Win + Alt + 1 ... 0 - open the list of transitions for the program attached to the taskbar with the specified sequence number (only in Windows 7 and later);
- ⊞ Win + ↑ Up arrow - maximize a window (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + ↓ Down arrow - restore / minimize window (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + ← or → - switch window deployment mode (including between monitors in multi-monitor configurations) (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + ⇧ Shift + ← or → - move the window between monitors in multi-monitor configurations (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + ⇧ Shift + ↑ or ↓ - stretch the active window from the top to the bottom of the screen / restore the window size;
- ⊞ Win + Home - minimize / restore all minimized windows except active (only in Windows 7), go to the top of the web page;
- ⊞ Win + Space - look at the desktop (only in Windows 7) / change the layout (only in Windows 8 and 10);
- ⊞ Win + + - activate the screen magnifier / enlarge the image by 100% (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + - - with active screen magnifier, reduce the image by 100% (only in Windows 7 and newer);
- ⊞ Win + Esc - disable the screen magnifier (only in Windows 7 and newer).
The Apple Keyboard is a computer keyboard developed by Apple, first for the Apple II computer line, then for the Macintosh computer.
- ⌘ Command + ↑ Up Arrow - instantly scroll up of any web page.
- Command + ↓ Down arrow - instantly scroll down of any web page.
- ⌘ Command + 1 (2, 3) ; - Use these keys to conveniently switch between any open tabs in your browser. ⌘ Command + 1 takes you to the first tab, ⌘ Command + 2 takes you to the second, and so on.
- ⌥ Option + Delete - will delete words one at a time, not one letter at a time. This works in all OS X, regardless of whether you are typing into TextEdit or even typing a website into the URL string of your browser.
- ⌘ Command + H - quickly hide all open windows from the current active application.
- ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + T - instantly open the last closed tab in your browser.
- ⌥ Option + ⇧ Shift + Volume Up / Volume Down - Volume up or down with much smaller increments.
- Ctrl + Command + Spacebar - displays the keyboard with characters and emoji.
Via wiki & adme.ru