Black circles under the eyes. Reasons for the appearance? How to remove circles under the eyes?
Black circles under the eyes are a significant indicator that something is dysfunctional in the human body. This phenomenon is explained by the fact that the skin that is located around the eyes is very thin and sensitive. Therefore, a change in its color to the darker side indicates a problem more often than not of an aesthetic, but of a medical nature.
Visually identifying a defect such as black circles under the eyes is not difficult. The skin of the lower eyelid becomes very thin and darkens by several tones. However, it will not be possible to meet a person with completely black circles under the eyes. The epidermis in this place can acquire a variety of shades: from grayish pink to blue-purple, and in some cases yellow-brown.
Causes of black circles under the eyes
The most common opinion regarding the cause of the appearance of black circles in the periorbital zone is lack of sleep and non-observance of the daily regimen. Indeed, this phenomenon is quite common, but sometimes the answer lies in more serious health problems.
In order to recognize them in time and start treatment, it is worth considering all the possible reasons for the appearance of black circles under the eyes!one
Splitting of hemoglobin can provoke the appearance of black circles under the eyes even without prior injury. It is known that the area under the eyes is pierced by the smallest blood vessels - capillaries. However, they are so narrow that to move red blood cells (red blood cells) along them, it is necessary to stand in a row, one after another, and in some cases even be divided into two parts. Sometimes the capillary does not withstand such pressure and bursts. Blood appears in the subcutaneous space of the eye. There is nothing dangerous in this, the body copes with a similar situation on its own. However, the process of resorption and utilization of released blood is accompanied by the formation of black circles. In the same way, the bruise gradually disappears after an impact, but it is under the eyes that they can form without any injury;2
An allergic reaction to environmental stimuli . Allergy itself can not cause a bruise, however, it causes itching and irritation in the eye area. A person begins to rub them intensely, as a result of which delicate skin is injured, and the capillaries that penetrate it break apart, releasing blood. This explains the appearance of black circles and bags under the eyes with allergies;
Excessive exposure to the sun can cause black circles under the eyes. That tan in this case becomes the cause of their occurrence. This is explained by the fact that during exposure to ultraviolet rays on human skin, the body begins to produce melanin in order to protect it. The longer the irradiation time, the more melanin is produced, and the closer to the upper layers of the epidermis it is excreted. Since the skin under the eyes is the thinnest, this is where the tan is visible in the first place. Therefore, after a long exposure to the sun, “black glasses” are often formed on a person’s face;four
Common causes, such as insufficient rest and an incorrect daily routine , do not directly lead to the formation of black circles under the eyes. However, they become more visible. The thing is that during the period when the body is experiencing excessive stress, for several reasons, his face becomes paler. It is against this background that the circles under the eyes look darker, creating a visual effect of chronic fatigue;five
Age is another natural cause of black circles under the eyes. Similar changes in the periorbital region occur due to the fact that the skin there becomes thinner the older the person. This problem is especially noticeable in women during the period of extinction of sexual functions;6
Often black circles can be seen in pregnant women, as well as in girls during the next menstruation . This is due to all the same blanching of the skin in a stressful situation for the body. Then the dark circles that always exist under the eyes become almost black;7
An unbalanced diet and a lack of important trace elements and vitamins , in particular vitamin C, also sometimes lead to the appearance of black circles under the eyes;
Chronic kidney disease . If, with abnormalities in the urinary system, a person has black circles in the periorbital region, this indicates that the body suffers from severe intoxication. It arises due to the fact that waste products are not completely excreted;9
Chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system ;ten
Pathology of the pancreas ;eleven
Diseases of the respiratory system leading to tissue hypoxia;12
Cold seasons can cause darkening of the skin under the eyes. This is due to the fact that subcutaneous fat begins to melt under the influence of the climatic factor. Under the eyes, the fat layer is already very thin. Therefore, its disappearance is so noticeable, against the background of which the smallest capillaries penetrating the skin in this area become brighter;
Alcohol and tobacco smoking make all vessels, including those under the eyes, thin out, become brittle and brittle. In this regard, the risk of their traumatization and blood release increases;14
Various diets leading to dramatic weight loss always result in black circles under the eyes becoming more visible. To aggravate the problem, it can also be that the body will probably lack vitamins and minerals;15
Negative reaction to skin care products ;sixteen
A lack of iron in the body , that is, a pathological condition such as iron deficiency anemia;17
Stressful situations , increased nervousness, excessive psychoemotional excitability.
How to remove black circles under the eyes?
In order to remove the black circles under the eyes, it is necessary to find out the cause of their occurrence. All further actions to eliminate the defect will directly depend on this. In the case when the cause is a disease of the internal organs, not a single cosmetic product will be able to help. Be sure to undergo a full examination and treatment to eliminate the pathology.
In the case when the black circles under the eyes are not associated with the disease, cosmetic procedures and pharmacy products can come to the rescue!one
Lipolifting . This technique helps to effectively deal with black circles under the eyes. Its essence lies in the fact that the person’s own fat cells are introduced into the periorbital region, thickening the subcutaneous fat layer. The result is visible almost instantly, but it is short-lived. Over time, the procedure will have to be repeated. This is precisely its main drawback;2
Lymphatic drainage . Another modern cosmetic procedure that can help eliminate black circles under the eyes. It is carried out using a special apparatus that acts on problem areas of the skin with microcurrents. This leads to improved blood circulation and promotes resorption of black circles;3
Mesotherapy is another effective way to make black circles under the eyes less noticeable. In this case, a special preparation is stimulated under the skin using a thin needle, which stimulates cell regeneration. Beauticians note that the final result will directly depend on the individual characteristics of the body and on its reaction to injections;four
Cosmetic products . In order to make black circles less noticeable, you need to use special cosmetics sold in the pharmacy. These include nourishing and moisturizing creams designed to care for sensitive skin around the eyes. Penetrating into the inner layers of the epidermis, they contribute to the quickest resorption of hemoglobin, thereby quickly saving a person from black circles under the eyes. In addition, such creams can strengthen the walls of the capillaries, make them less brittle, which is an excellent prevention of hemorrhages in this place in the future. Moisturized skin of the eyelids will not dry out, fewer wrinkles will appear on it, which means it will become more resistant to external factors. Together, this will get rid of the black circles under the eyes and prevent their appearance in the future.
Prevention of black circles under the eyes
As for preventive measures aimed at preventing the appearance of black circles, the following rules can be attributed to such!one
Rest should be full. If a person sleeps less than seven hours a day, then the black shadows under the eyes will become much more noticeable against the background of pale skin;2
The regime of the day, that is, the habit of getting up, lying down, eating and staying awake at the same time, is the key to the body being in good shape, which means that black circles around the eyes will not appear;3
In the case when professional activity is associated with the constant presence of a computer monitor, you must take a short break every hour. At this time, you can just sit with your eyes closed, do a set of gymnastic exercises. This will relieve tension from the eyes and not injure delicate skin under them by constant rubbing;four
The more a person spends in the fresh air, the better his blood is saturated with oxygen. This helps red blood cells to move more actively through the vessels, including under the eyes. If there is no possibility of a long-term stay in the fresh air, you should ventilate the room as often as possible;five
Wash when awakening is best with cool water. It is good to wipe your face with ice cubes. This helps strengthen the blood vessels. Before going to bed, it is useful to do contrast wash. To do this, it is convenient to use two basins filled with water of different temperatures;6
Food should be as balanced as possible. Only in this way will it be possible to maintain the vessels in good shape and to avoid their ruptures;7
It is important to get rid of bad habits, if any;eight
Whenever possible, stressful situations should be avoided;9
If you plan to spend a long time in the sun, then you should take care to protect your face from the negative effects of ultraviolet rays. To do this, use special sunscreens, wear glasses with dark glasses and wide-brimmed hats;ten
It is not recommended to apply low-grade heavy and oily creams to the skin of the face, and even more so to the area around the eyes. They are only able to harm the sensitive skin of the lower eyelids, and not protect it, and in adulthood - cause sagging and sacking;eleven
To prevent and eliminate black circles, it is important to start the day with a facial massage. Thus, it will be possible to improve blood flow, increase skin tone, accelerate the process of hemoglobin breakdown;12
In order to remove black circles under the eyes caused by disturbances in the body, it is necessary to regularly visit a doctor and undergo full-fledged courses of treatment as necessary.
There is a gymnastic complex of exercises that helps to relax the muscles of the face, relieve fatigue from the eyes and improve blood circulation in the eyelids.
These simple steps will help you get rid of the black circles under the eyes caused by the tension of the visual apparatus as soon as possible!one
It is necessary to sit directly and alternately raise the eyeballs up and down. In this case, the head should remain motionless;2
Without turning your head, you need to look first to the right, then to the left. It is important that only the muscles that regulate eye movement are involved;3
A look should try to draw various geometric shapes. You can, as an option, drive them along the contour of furniture or other surrounding objects;four
It is necessary to firmly squeeze the eyelids, leave them in this state for several minutes, then relax without opening your eyes. Repeat three times;five
In the end, it is recommended to close your eyes and put straight palms on top of them so that your eyelids feel the warmth coming from your hands.
This set of exercises should be performed daily, depending on the degree of visual strain and the severity of black circles under the eyes.
Cold can help remove black circles under the eyes that have formed as a result of trauma. It must be applied to the damaged area within the first hour after the impact.
The causes of dark circles under the eyes of men
Bruises under the eyes rarely bother men as much as women. Having discovered dark circles under the eyes, the girls will most likely immediately try to hide them with cosmetics, find out the cause of the appearance and get rid of bruises. A man, however, may not pay attention to the darkening of the skin around the eyes without considering this a problem. Meanwhile, the point here is not at all in aesthetics. Dark circles under the eyes of men and women can be symptoms that signal diseases of the body. Therefore, do not ignore their appearance.
Blue circles under the eyes of men are not always a sign of health problems. In some cases, blue under the eyes is caused by individual characteristics of a person (for example, a small amount of subcutaneous retina). The effect of dark circles also appears in men with deep-set eyes. In general, the proximity of blood vessels to the skin, which causes the effect of darkening of the skin around the eyes, is not a signal of a poor state of the body. In many men, bruises under the eyes appear with age, as the skin becomes thinner.
Bruises under the eyes appear as a result of the following factors:
- Lack of full sleep. In this case, bags under the eyes may also appear. After a good rest and normalization of the day, the blackness under the eyes should sleep.
- Smoking, alcohol and other bad habits. Nicotine accelerates the aging process and contributes to the darkening of the thin skin of the eyelids. Excessive consumption of alcohol contributes to a lack of oxygen in the tissues of the body and impaired blood circulation.
- Improper nutrition. An insufficient amount of microelements and vitamins in the body leads to circulatory disorders.
- Work at the computer, during which eye strain occurs. This leads to blood flow to the eyelids, as a result of which the dilated vessels shine through thin skin.
- Stress and depression. Black circles under the eyes of men can be an individual reaction to stress, in which an increased amount of cortisol is released. It leads to an increase in blood volume, as a result of which capillary rupture may occur.
- Dehydration. Inadequate drinking leads to draining and thinning of the skin.
- Exposure to sunlight. Thin and sensitive skin around the eyes responds more quickly to ultraviolet radiation. With age, this sensitivity is expressed in pigmentation.
- Impaired blood circulation. One of the most common is vegetative-vascular dystonia.
- Injuries. Under the influence of mechanical action (shock), a blood vessel ruptures, due to which blood enters the subcutaneous space.
- Inflammatory eye diseases. In addition to circles under the eyes, lacrimation, itching, and inflammation appear.
- Diseases of the internal organs. Bruises under the eyes can be symptoms of various diseases of the body. How to determine what exactly the darkness around the eyes signals is written below.
Circles under the eyes of men as a result of a lack of useful elements
- Zinc deficiency leads to impaired metabolism and the functioning of the immune system, which, in turn, can cause blueness under the eyes.
- Vitamin K is involved in blood coagulation, and therefore it is very important for normal blood circulation and a healthy complexion.
- Vitamin A deficiency accelerates skin aging.
- Vitamin C strengthens the walls of blood vessels and prevents their damage.
- Vitamin E fights against free radicals and helps maintain normal skin structure.
With a lack of any of these vitamins and minerals, men can develop dark circles under the eyes.
Blue around the eyes as a symptom of diseases of the body
- Red-brown circles under the eyes indicate problems with the cardiovascular system.
- A yellow or yellow-orange shade of bruises indicates diseases of the liver and biliary system. Hyperpigmentation in this case is associated with the accumulation of toxic substances in the body, including an increase in the amount of bilirubin. This pigment, which is part of bile, and causes a yellow shade of bruises. Circles under the eyes are not the main symptom of liver disease, but in combination with other signals indicate a disease.
- Blue circles in combination with swelling of the eyelids may be the result of problems with the kidneys and urinary system of a man. As a rule, with kidney diseases, circles under the eyes are accompanied by edema (due to fluid retention in the body). With kidney problems, bruises appear in the morning, but as the disease progresses, they persist throughout the day.
- Dark brown and bronze circles under the eyes indicate chronic adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease).
- Rhinitis, which is common in male smokers, can also cause circles under the eyes.
- Circles under the eyes can appear with diabetes. Its consequences can be diseases of the kidneys, retina and blood vessels, which lead to the appearance of bruises under the eyes.
- With anemia, bruises under the eyes do not disappear even after a good rest. The skin becomes pale and against its background the shadows under the eyes appear darker.
How to remove circles under the eyes of a man
To completely get rid of the circles under the eyes, first of all, it is important to determine their cause.
- You need to treat a disease, not a symptom, so if you suspect that bruising is a consequence of health problems, it is important to consult a doctor immediately.
- To remove bruises under the eyes caused by lack of sleep, dehydration, or poor nutrition, normalize your lifestyle and diet. Sleep for 7-8 hours, a sufficient amount of clean water and a balanced diet will help get rid of dark circles, and improve the general condition of the body.
- If bruising is caused by bad habits, stop drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes.
- In case of bruising caused by eye strain working at the computer, try to relax more from the monitor. Take five-minute breaks. Useful such breaks to do gymnastics for the eyes.
- It will help to remove the blue under the eyes massage with ice cubes. The cooling effect has a beneficial effect on blood vessels.
Via 7ya.ru & ayzdorov.ru & wiki & Alekseeva Maria Yuryevna, general practitioner