Black circles under the eyes. Causes of appearance? How to remove circles under the eyes?
Black circles under the eyes are a significant indicator of the fact that something is unfavorable in the human body. This phenomenon is explained by the fact that the skin that is located around the eyes is very thin and sensitive. Therefore, a change in its color to a darker side indicates a problem more often than not aesthetic, but of a medical nature.
Visually identify a defect such as black circles under the eyes, is easy. The skin of the lower eyelid at the same time becomes very thin and darkens by several tones. However, to meet a person with absolutely black circles under his eyes will not succeed. The epidermis in this place may acquire a variety of shades: from grayish-pink to blue-violet, and in some cases, yellow-brown.
Causes of black circles under the eyes
The most common opinion regarding the cause of the appearance of black circles in the periorbital zone is lack of sleep and failure to follow the daily regimen. Indeed, this phenomenon occurs quite often, but sometimes the answer lies in more serious health problems.
In order to recognize them in time and start treatment, it is worth considering all the possible causes of the appearance of black circles under the eyes!one
Cleavage of hemoglobin can cause black circles under the eyes, even without prior injury. It is known that the area under the eyes is penetrated by the smallest blood vessels - capillaries. However, they are so narrow that in order to move on them the red blood cells (red blood cells) are required to stand in a row, one after another, and in some cases even be divided into two parts. Sometimes the capillary does not withstand such pressure and bursts. The blood is in the subcutaneous space of the eye. There is nothing dangerous in it, the body copes with a similar situation on its own. However, the process of resorption and utilization of the released blood is accompanied by the formation of black circles. In the same way, the bruise gradually disappears after the impact, but it is under the eyes that they can form without any injury;2
Allergic reaction to environmental stimuli . The allergy itself can not cause a bruise, but it causes itching and irritation in the eye area. The person begins to rub them hard, as a result of which the tender skin is injured, and the capillaries piercing it break, releasing blood. This explains the appearance of black circles and bags under the eyes with allergies;
Excessive exposure to the sun can cause black circles under the eyes. That tan in this case becomes the cause of their occurrence. This is explained by the fact that during exposure to ultraviolet rays on human skin, the body begins to produce melanin for protection. The longer the exposure time, the more melanin is produced, and the closer it is to the upper layers of the epidermis. Since the skin under the eyes is the thinnest, it is there that the tan is seen first. Therefore, after a long stay in the sun, a person often has “black glasses” on his face;four
Such common causes as insufficient rest and irregular daily routine do not directly lead to the formation of black circles under the eyes. However, they become more visible. The thing is that in that period when the body is experiencing excessive loads, for several reasons it has the skin of the face becomes paler. It is against this background that the circles under the eyes look darker, creating the visual effect of chronic fatigue;five
Age is another natural cause of black circles under the eyes. Such changes in the periorbital region are due to the fact that the skin there becomes thinner, the older the person. This problem is especially noticeable in women in the period of extinction of sexual functions;6
Often, black circles can be seen in pregnant women, as well as in girls during the next menstruation . This is due to the same blanching of the skin in a stressful situation for the body. Then the dark circles, which always exist under the eyes, become almost black;7
Unbalanced nutrition and the lack of important trace elements and vitamins , in particular, vitamin C, also sometimes lead to the appearance of black circles under the eyes;eight
Chronic kidney disease . If a person develops black circles in the periorbital area during disturbances in the work of the urinary system, this indicates that the body suffers from severe intoxication. It arises due to the fact that the waste products are not completely removed;9
Chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system ;
Pancreas pathology ;eleven
Diseases of the respiratory system , leading to tissue hypoxia;12
Cold weather I may cause darkening of the skin under the eyes. This is due to the fact that subcutaneous fat begins to melt under the influence of the climatic factor. Under the eyes, the fatty layer is already very thin. Therefore, its disappearance is so noticeable, against the background of which the smallest capillaries penetrating the skin in this area become brighter;13
The use of alcohol and smoking tobacco contributes to the fact that all vessels, including those under the eyes, become thinner, brittle and brittle. In this connection the risk of their traumatization and release of blood increases;14
Various diets leading to dramatic weight loss, always turn out that black circles under the eyes become more noticeable. To aggravate the problem may also the fact that the body will probably lack the vitamins and trace elements;15
Negative reaction to skin care products ;sixteen
A lack of iron in the body , that is, a pathological condition such as iron deficiency anemia;17
Stressful situations , increased nervousness, excessive psycho-emotional excitability.
How to remove black circles under the eyes?
In order to remove the black circles under the eyes, it is necessary to find out the cause of their occurrence. All further actions to eliminate the defect will directly depend on this. In the case when the cause is a disease of internal organs, no cosmetic product will be able to help. Be sure to undergo a full examination and treatment to eliminate the pathology.
In the case when the black circles under the eyes are not associated with the disease, cosmetological procedures and pharmaceutical preparations can help!one
Lipolifting This technique helps to effectively deal with black circles under the eyes. Its essence lies in the fact that human's own fat cells are introduced into the periorbital region, thickening the subcutaneous fat layer. The result is visible almost instantly, but it is short-lived. Over time, the procedure will have to be repeated. This is precisely its main disadvantage;2
Lymphatic drainage . Another modern cosmetic procedure that can help eliminate black circles under the eyes. It is carried out with the help of a special apparatus that acts on the problem areas of the skin with microcurrents. This leads to improved blood circulation and promotes the resorption of black circles;3
Mesotherapy is another effective way to make black circles under the eyes less noticeable. In this case, a special preparation that stimulates cell regeneration is found under the skin with a thin needle. Cosmetologists note that the final result will directly depend on the individual characteristics of the organism and on its response to injections;four
Cosmetics . In order to make the black circles less noticeable, you need to use special cosmetics sold in the pharmacy. These include nourishing and moisturizing creams designed to care for sensitive skin around the eyes. Penetrating into the inner layers of the epidermis, they contribute to the rapid resorption of hemoglobin, thereby saving the person from the black circles under the eyes. In addition, such creams can strengthen the walls of capillaries, make them less brittle, which is an excellent prevention of hemorrhages in this place in the future. Moisturized eyelid skin will not dry out, less wrinkles will appear on it, which means it will become more resistant to external factors. In aggregate, this will allow to get rid of black circles under the eyes and prevent their appearance in the future.
Prevention of black circles under the eyes
With regard to preventive measures aimed at preventing the appearance of black circles, then these include the following rules!one
Rest must be complete. If a person will sleep less than seven hours a day, then black shadows under the eyes will become much more noticeable against the background of pale skin;2
The mode of the day, that is, the habit of getting up, lying down, eating and being awake at the same time is a guarantee that the body will be in good shape, and therefore the black circles around the eyes will not appear;3
In the case when a professional activity is connected with the constant presence of a computer monitor, it is necessary to take a short break every hour. At this time, you can just sit with your eyes closed, make a set of gymnastic exercises. This will relieve tension from the eyes and not injure the delicate skin under them by constant rubbing;four
The more a person spends in the open air, the better his blood is saturated with oxygen. This helps red blood cells to move more actively through the vessels, including under the eyes. If there is no possibility of a long-term stay in the fresh air, the room should be aired as often as possible;five
It is best to wash when awakening with cool water. It is useful to wipe your face with ice cubes. It helps to strengthen the blood vessels. Before going to bed it is useful to do contrasting washing. For this it is convenient to use two coasters filled with water of different temperatures;6
Meals should be as balanced as possible. Only in this way will it be possible to maintain the vessels in a tone and to avoid their ruptures;7
It is important to get rid of bad habits, if any;eight
If possible, avoid stressful situations;9
If you expect a long pastime in the sun, then you should take care to protect your face from the negative effects of ultraviolet rays. To do this, use a special sunscreen, wear glasses with dark glasses and wide-brimmed hats;ten
It is not recommended to apply on the skin of the face, and especially on the area around the eyes, low-grade heavy and fat creams. They are able to only harm the sensitive skin of the lower eyelids, and not protect it, and in adulthood - cause sagging and the formation of bags;eleven
To prevent and eliminate black circles, it is important to start the day with a facial massage. Thus, it will be possible to improve blood flow, improve skin tone, accelerate the breakdown of hemoglobin;12
In order to remove the black circles under the eyes caused by disruptions in the body, it is necessary to regularly visit the doctor and undergo a full course of treatment as needed.
There is a gymnastic complex of exercises that helps to relax the muscles of the face, relieve fatigue from the eyes and improve blood circulation in the eyelids.
These simple actions will help you in the shortest possible time to get rid of black circles under the eyes caused by the voltage of the visual apparatus!one
You must sit up straight and lift the eyeballs up and down alternately. At the same time, the head must remain motionless;2
Without turning your head, you need to look first to the right, then to the left. It is important that only the muscles that regulate eye movement are involved;3
Looking should try to draw a variety of geometric shapes. It is possible, as an option, to drive them along the contour of furniture or other surrounding objects;four
It is necessary to firmly squeeze the eyelids, leave them in this state for a few minutes, then relax without opening their eyes. Repeat three times;five
At the end, it is recommended to close your eyes, and put straight palms on top of them so that the eyelids feel the heat emanating from the hands.
This set of exercises should be performed daily, depending on the degree of eyestrain and the severity of black circles under the eyes.
The cold will help to remove the black circles under the eyes, which were formed as a result of the injury. It must be applied to the damaged area during the first hour after the impact.
Causes of dark circles under the eyes of men
Bruises under the eyes rarely bother men as much as women. Finding dark circles under the eyes, the girls are likely to immediately try to hide them with makeup, find out the cause of the appearance and get rid of bruises. A man may not pay attention to the darkening of the skin around the eyes, not considering this a problem. Meanwhile, the point here is not at all in aesthetics. Dark circles under the eyes in men and women can be symptoms that signal diseases of the body. Therefore, do not ignore their appearance.
Blue circles under the eyes of men are not always a sign of health problems. In some cases, the blue under the eyes is due to the individual characteristics of the person (for example, a small amount of subcutaneous retina). The effect of dark circles also appears in men with deep-set eyes. In general, the proximity of blood vessels to the skin, which causes the effect of darkening of the skin around the eyes, is not a signal of a poor state of the body. For many men, bruises under the eyes appear with age, as the skin becomes thinner.
Bruises under the eyes appear as a result of the following factors:
- Lack of full sleep. In this case, bags may also appear under the eyes. After a good rest and normalization of the daily routine, black under the eyes should sleep.
- Smoking, alcohol and other bad habits. Nicotine accelerates the aging process and contributes to the darkening of the thin skin of the eyelids. Excessive alcohol consumption contributes to a lack of oxygen in the tissues of the body and impaired blood circulation.
- Improper nutrition. Insufficient amount of microelements and vitamins in the body leads to impaired blood circulation.
- Work at the computer, in which there is an eye strain. This leads to blood flow to the eyelids, as a result of which the dilated blood vessels shine through the thin skin.
- Stress and depression. Black circles under the eyes in men can be an individual reaction to stress, in which an increased amount of cortisol is released. It leads to an increase in blood volume, as a result, capillary rupture may occur.
- Dehydration. Insufficient use of water leads to drying and thinning of the skin.
- Exposure to sunlight. Thin and sensitive skin around the eyes reacts faster to ultraviolet radiation. With age, this sensitivity is expressed in pigmentation.
- Circulatory disorders. One of the most common is vegetative-vascular dystonia.
- Injuries. Under the action of a mechanical impact (impact) a rupture of a blood vessel occurs, due to which blood enters the subcutaneous space.
- Diseases of the eye inflammatory nature. In addition to the circles under the eyes, there are tearing, itching, inflammation.
- Diseases of the internal organs. Bruises under the eyes can be symptoms of various diseases of the body. How to determine what exactly the darkness around the eyes signals is written below.
Circles under the eyes of men as a result of lack of useful elements
- Lack of zinc leads to impaired metabolism and the immune system, which, in turn, can cause blue under the eyes.
- Vitamin K is involved in blood clotting, and therefore very important for normal blood circulation and healthy complexion.
- Lack of vitamin A accelerates skin aging.
- Vitamin C strengthens the walls of blood vessels and prevents their damage.
- Vitamin E fights free radicals and helps to maintain the normal structure of the skin.
With a lack of any of these vitamins and trace elements in men, dark circles under the eyes can develop.
Blue around the eyes as a symptom of diseases of the body
- Red-brown circles under the eyes indicate problems with the cardiovascular system.
- Yellow or yellow-orange tint of bruises speaks about diseases of the liver and biliary system. Hyperpigmentation in this case is associated with the accumulation of toxic substances in the body, including an increased amount of bilirubin. This pigment, which is part of the bile, and causes a yellow shade of bruises. Circles under the eyes are not the main symptom of liver disease, but in combination with other signals indicate a disease.
- Blue circles in combination with eyelid swelling may be due to kidney problems and the male urinary system. As a rule, in cases of kidney disease, circles under the eyes are accompanied by edema (due to fluid retention in the body). With kidney problems, bruises appear in the morning, but as the disease progresses, they persist throughout the day.
- Dark brown and bronze circles under the eyes indicate chronic adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease).
- Rhinitis, which is common in male smokers, can also cause circles under the eyes.
- Circles under the eyes can appear with diabetes. Its consequences can be diseases of the kidneys, retina and blood vessels, which cause bruises under the eyes.
- With anemia, bruises under the eyes do not disappear even after a good rest. The skin becomes pale and on its background the shadows under the eyes appear darker.
How to remove circles under the eyes of a man
To finally get rid of the circles under the eyes, it is first of all important to determine their cause.
- It is necessary to treat the disease, not a symptom, so if you suspect that bruises are a consequence of health problems, it is important to immediately consult a doctor.
- To remove bruises under the eyes caused by lack of sleep, dehydration or unhealthy diet, normalize your lifestyle and diet. Sleeping for 7-8 hours, a sufficient amount of clean water and a balanced diet will help get rid of dark circles, and improve the overall condition of the body.
- If bruises are caused by bad habits, stop drinking and smoking cigarettes.
- In case of bruises caused by eye strain on a computer, try to rest more from the monitor. Take five minute breaks. Such breaks are useful to occupy gymnastics for the eyes.
- It will help to remove the blue under the eyes massage with ice cubes. The cooling effect has a beneficial effect on the vessels.
Via 7ya.ru & ayzdorov.ru & wiki & Alekseeva Maria Yuryevna, general practitioner