The body of the ancient god: weight training program
Physical exercises - elementary movements, motor actions composed of them and their complexes, systematized for the purposes of physical development.
Physical exercises were formed on the basis of movements and actions borrowed from human labor, domestic, military activities (running, walking, jumping, throwing, weight lifting, swimming, etc.) and organizationally and methodically took the form of gymnastics, athletics and weightlifting, moving and sports games, sports tourism, etc. Various combinations and systems of physical exercises make up the content of sports, are included in physical education programs in various educational institutions.
Go back to basics: swing your muscles with classic exercises with your own weight. A flexible training system is built on a series of 5 exercises.
- Goal: gain muscle mass.
- Type of program: whole body.
- Level of preparation: initial.
- Days per week: 4.
- Equipment: no.
- Target audience: men and women.
All these newfangled fitness gadgets, publicized workout programs and magic pills can easily turn your head, especially if you plan to bring your body into shape or make this shape even more ideal. They vied with each other promise you relief press cubes in the shortest possible time, without giving any serious reasoning.
Athletes and warriors of ancient Greece created the most athletic, muscular and strong bodies in a documented history without the help of any “quick fixes”. Of course, they did not have an endless stream of temptations in the form of fast food and Xbox, but their bodies were simply amazing, and they showed real wonders of strength, endurance and endurance.
What was their secret? How did they manage to forge mythological bodies with a relatively small amount of food and the complete absence of food additives, not to mention the fact that there were no gyms even in the project then?
They relied on training with their own weight. Yes, this is not the most revolutionary idea, but it was unfairly pushed back, leaving for physical education lessons in high school and people who want to "tighten the figure" before the beach season.
Training with body weight, especially with an effective program, gives serious results both in weight gain and in weight loss. They can develop muscle, burn fat and turn your body into a trouble-free machine. Do not believe? Do you think that training with your own weight is too simple, easy and, therefore, ineffective? Then work out this program while traveling, during a break from the gym, or if you just want to shake yourself a bit and try something new.
How to train:
- Perform each workout 1-2 times a week.
- Pass each complex without rest between exercises.
- Work on the program for at least 4 weeks, or while traveling, or while you are far from the usual training equipment.
- Perform dynamic stretching before each workout.
- At your discretion: end the training session with a cardio load - at an average pace or HIIT to choose from.
- Giant set complex - these exercises are performed without rest, one after another. After completing the entire complex, rest for 1 minute.
- Repeat each complex from 2 to 5 times, depending on the training experience and level of training.
- Do 10-20 repetitions in the exercise, try to progress in each workout.
- Push-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Pullups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Push-ups on the hands or push-ups “folding knife”: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Narrow focus push-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Horizontal pullbacks: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lifting on socks on one leg: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Squat Jumping: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lunge Walking: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hanging legs on the bar: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Sprint on the street or on a treadmill: 3 sets of 1 min.
- Leg push ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Wide grip horizontal pull-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Grip Pulls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Planck: 3 sets of max. min
- Jumps per box: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Squats on one leg (without barbell): 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lunges back (without dumbbells): 3 sets of 10 reps
- Approaching the bench (without dumbbells): 3 sets of 10 reps
- Sprint on the street or on a treadmill: 3 sets of 1 min.
Recommendations for some specific exercises
You can lift your feet on a bench or chair, but the body should remain stretched into a string, and the abdominal muscles - tense. After completing the set, you can rearrange the legs on the floor and continue the approach.
Wide grip horizontal pull-ups
Here you go under the bar in Smith or in the power frame, set the bar at the level of the belt. You can pull yourself up by placing your feet on the floor (beginners) or on a bench (intermediate level). The distance between the arms on the neck is slightly greater than the width of the shoulders. Stretch to the lower chest, keep your back and legs straight, and your abs muscles tense.
Push-ups “folding knife”
They can be called push-ups on hands for beginners. In the “folding knife” version, you stand with your feet on the ground and bend only in the hip joints so that your hands rest on the floor and your buttocks are raised up (very similar to the asana “dog face down”). Perform movement by bending your arms at the elbow and shoulder joints (like the bench press above the head), but do not bend your knees, and do not bend your hip joints even more.
The starting position is the same as in horizontal pull-ups, only this time you grab the bar with a back grip (palms are looking at you) at shoulder width. The body should be stretched into a string from head to toe. Pull up on the bar. Adjust the height of the “crossbar” to change the level of difficulty.
One leg squats
Be sure to extend the front foot far enough forward so that the knee does not extend beyond the socks. Try not to help yourself with your back foot (the one on the bench) while lifting and never rest your knee on the floor. Use a soft roller as a guide or stop 3-5 cm before the knee touches the ground.
Jumping on the box
When jumping on a box, never jump to the ground. Always take a step back to avoid overloading your knees. In addition, if possible, for better joint safety, practice on a soft or rubberized surface.
Make sure that in the lunges back the step was long enough, and the front knee did not go beyond the line of the toe. Moreover, if lunges are new to you, perform each repetition slowly, control the movement and master the correct technique for its implementation.
Sprint on the street or on a treadmill
The distance and time of sprint races may vary depending on your level of training and experience. If you are a beginner in the sprint, start with the intensity and duration at which you can comfortably finish the exercise, and then gradually complicate the task, increasing the speed and duration of the races.
Posted by Brad Borland via dailyfit.ru