Freeze lemons and say goodbye to diabetes, tumors and obesity!
Lemon (Latin Citrus limon) - a plant; species of the genus Citrus (Citrus) subtribes Citrus (Citreae) of the family Rutacea. Lemon is also called the fruit of this plant.
Surely you know that lemons have proven themselves as an excellent remedy against many diseases. But you may not know that frozen lemons bring even more health benefits.
Flesh of fruits contains a significant amount of organic acids ( citric, apple ), pectin substances , sugar (up to 3.5%) , carotene , phytoncides ; vitamins - thiamine, riboflavin, ascorbic acid (up to 0.085%), rutin, flavonoids, coumarin derivatives, galacturonic acid, sesquiterpenes, hesperidin, eriocitrin, eridictiol . Seeds contain fatty oil and bitter substance limonin . Fat oil was also found in the branches and leaves (0.24%). In the cortex, the cytronin glycoside is found . The leaves contain 55-880 mg% of vitamin C. The characteristic smell of lemon is due to the presence of ether (lemon) oil in various parts of the plant . The main components of lemon essential oil are terpene, α-limonene (up to 90%), citral (up to 6%), geranilacetate (1%) .
Lemons are frozen mainly for the sake of zest . After defrosting, the peel becomes softer and more convenient to eat.
Like most other fruits, the peel of lemon concentrates the maximum of nutrients that help regulate cholesterol, strengthen the immune system and prevent cancer. It also contains antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial substances.
Regular use of lemons leads to positive changes in the body.
Let's list their main advantages :
- reduce the risk of stroke;
- cancer prevention;
- strengthen the immune system;
- treatment and prevention of inflammation;
- antibacterial effect;
- relief of asthma symptoms;
- struggle with depression and anxiety;
- clean the kidneys and liver.
Studies have also shown that lemon peel is effective in combating more than ten different types of cancer, and can work better than traditional treatments for chemotherapy and radiation.
Just add the frozen lemons along with the skin in your smoothie and get a noticeable curative and preventive effect from the drink!
How to make lemon ice?
- Rinse lemons with cold running water, dry;
- Dip for a minute in apple cider vinegar for disinfection;
- Clean in the freezer for 12 hours (at night);
- In the morning, grate the whole frozen lemon - including pulp, peel and seeds;
- The resulting mass is spread in an ice tray and put into a freezer;
- Use frozen cubes of lemon ice whenever you think about them, and enjoy the benefits of this natural medicine!