Wake up and sing: how to defeat the post-holiday state
A hangover is a post-toxic state due to the use of alcoholic beverages, accompanied by unpleasant psychological and physiological effects, such as headache, irritability, dry mouth, sweating, and nausea. In Russian-language literature, it is often confused with the concept of “alcohol withdrawal syndrome”, which is incorrect.
Gentle methods that prevent a hangover or minimize the effects of a feast.
Attention! Before trying the new method, think about whether your health allows you. Of course, it allows you to drink, but a hot bath in combination with coffee is not suitable for everyone, as well as sauerkraut with kefir.
Of the variety of methods, we selected those that are not associated with cleansing the stomach (enema, water with potassium permanganate, etc.). So, we begin our review of folk, and not only wisdom!
If the next morning they would say to Stepa Likhodeev: “Styopa! They’ll shoot you if you don’t get up right now! ”Styopa would answer in a languid, slightly audible voice:“ Shoot, do what you want with me, but I won’t get up. ”
Not that getting up, it seemed to him that he could not open his eyes, because if he only did that, lightning would flash and his head would be smashed to pieces. A heavy bell was buzzing in this head, brown spots with a fiery green rim floated between the eyeballs and closed eyelids, and to top it all vomited, and it seemed that this nausea was associated with the sounds of some annoying gramophone. - Michael Bulgakov. "Master and Margarita"
✔ Drinks to help
Water. This elixir of life should be the first on your list if your head breaks in the morning. Alcohol is a diuretic, i.e. It removes moisture from the body. When water supplies are depleted, the body begins to use all the remaining resources, making no exceptions even for the brain, and - hello, headache! It is advisable to drink H20 before bedtime to alleviate the morning hangover, but do not deny yourself the water and upon awakening.
Sports drinks and coconut water. Sweet sports drinks can turn out to be more harmful than good for exercise, but with a hangover they really save. Gatorade and any other sports drink will instantly deliver the necessary fluid and electrolytes to the body. An excellent remedy is a jar of coconut water, which contains 5 electrolytes inherent in human blood, in sports drinks there are only 2.
Tea with ginger and peppermint. Studies show that ginger tea successfully fights nausea, and peppermint tea (which works to save pregnant women) reduces abdominal pain and nausea.
Fruit juice. A glass of apple or cranberry juice will help you begin the process of returning to life. Fructose will instantly give you a boost of energy, speed up metabolism and try to remove toxic toxins. In addition, the juice contains vitamins and enough fluid to cope with dehydration.
Brine. This acidic liquid with vinegar, salt and water will increase the content of liquid and electrolytes in the body. Drink 50 ml of brine before heading to the bar, and another 50 in the morning.
✔ Food that helps
Bananas, kiwi, spinach. These vibrant foods are overflowing with potassium, an important electrolyte whose level decreases due to the ability of alcohol to remove fluid from the body. In the morning does not pull on salad? Mix these fruits with yogurt and get an anti-hangover smoothie.
The eggs. This traditional morning product is not in vain popular: it is full of amino acids such as cysteine and taurine. Taurine accelerates the liver, protecting it from the harmful effects of alcohol. Cysteine, in turn, breaks down the acetic aldehyde, an unpleasant chemical that remains after the liver breaks down ethyl alcohol.
Chicken soup. Not the most popular, but effective remedy for a hangover. A plate of chicken soup will restore salt and liquid, and the cysteine in chicken and vegetables will give the liver the necessary boost of energy.
Miso soup. Sushi is the last thing people are attracted to during a hangover, but there is still such a “cure” in Japanese cuisine. Like chicken soup, miso soup is an excellent morning remedy to recover lost fluid, restore salt levels and normalize digestion.
Crackers or toast with honey. Whole grain crackers and toasts with their simple carbohydrates will increase your blood sugar without upsetting your stomach. Add some fructose-rich honey to speed up the breakdown of alcohol.
Oatmeal. A plate of hot oatmeal guarantees your body a charge of nutrients such as vitamins B, calcium, magnesium and iron. Oatmeal will help neutralize acids and increase sugar levels - and this is an instant charge of energy.
Tomatoes Tomato juice instead of “Bloody Mary”: it is full of lycopene, an antioxidant that reduces inflammation, as well as fructose, which lends a helping hand to your liver.
❌ Drinks, food that will NOT help
Fatty food. Contrary to generally accepted concepts, fat is not a helper at all for a hangover. A large portion of fatty foods could save you from a hangover, eat it before drinking, but when a hangover is “on the face”, fatty foods only irritate an already sensitive stomach.
"Wedge by wedge." This folk wisdom is only partly right: alcohol during a morning hangover will alleviate symptoms, but will aggravate dehydration, which means your hangover will last much longer.
Coffee. Fatigue, a split head ... it would seem, the perfect moment for a cup of coffee! There it was. Like alcohol, coffee removes fluid from the body and enhances your dehydration. In addition, coffee is a vasoconstrictor and morning espresso will take your headache to a new level. To avoid this unenviable fate, choose decaffeinated drinks - herbal teas, juices or good old water.
Orange juice. A glass of this sunny drink is a great start to a good morning, but not in the event of a hangover. Citrus acid of oranges and grapefruits will upset the stomach of an alcoholic blow.
To the feast
1. A few hours before the feast, drink activated charcoal plus an aspirin tablet. The number of tablets of activated carbon - 1 per 10 kg of your weight. This method was personally tested in my student days. It works great with me. And my classmate advised him, who entered the Medical University. And doctors, as you know, will not advise bad things.
2. Drink 50 - 100 g of vodka or cognac. Thus, many believe that the body somehow gets a “vaccination” with alcohol and it will be easier to drink already at the feast itself.
3. Before the feast, drink an orange fresh.
4. A glass of milk. It slows down the absorption of alcohol.
5. Drink drugs that help the liver. But only those to which you have no contraindications!
During the feast
1. Do not mix drinks. If you already drink wine with cognac, it is better to start with wine. Plus, do not forget that cognac and vodka, although both are quite high in degree, but still they must line up in a certain order. First we drink vodka, and then cognac.
2. In between toasts, do not forget to drink more liquid, better than plain water!
3. In addition to liquid, do not forget about food. But here opinions differ. Someone advises before you sit at the table, eat a small piece of butter and eat more meat at the table. Thus, a barrier forms in the body and alcohol is absorbed more slowly. Someone advises not to eat a lot of fat at the table, but rather prefer a simpler meal: potatoes, light salads, pickles, herring, poultry, fruits, sweets.
4. Try not to drink carbonated drinks at the table. They carry alcohol faster throughout the body, which results in intoxication much faster.
After the feast
And here there are more than enough recipes, though, all of them are no longer as effective as early measures.
1. Is coffee a friend or an enemy? Here, oddly enough, opinions differ. Someone advises to drink hot strong coffee without sugar with lemon and cognac, someone categorically does not recommend drinking coffee. In any case, here you must decide for yourself whether this drink helps you.
2. A lot of fluid before bedtime and in the morning. In general, after taking a large dose of alcohol, a lot of fluids and nutrients are removed from the body. Therefore, the basic rule is to replenish the water-salt balance. That is why it is most often advised to drink a lot of simple boiled water, water with lemon, orange juice, mineral water, brine, effervescent tablets with vitamin C, etc.
3. Painkillers. Any pills that help you get rid of a headache. In my case, it's just citramone - a combination of caffeine and vitamin C.
4. Drink hot chicken or other meat broth.
5. Some advise you to drink some cognac or light beer. So to speak, hangover. Frankly, I am not a supporter of this method and it does not always help. So it is better to use it in very severe cases.
6. Contrast shower and walk in the fresh air.
7. Mint tea. A soothing plus beneficial effect.
8. Honey. British experts from The Royal Society of Chemistry have authoritatively stated that honey helps remarkably in getting rid of a hangover, since fructose, which is contained in honey, turns the harmful effects of alcohol into acetic acid, which is then safely eliminated from the body. So in the bite with strong sweet tea (peppermint or chamomile, too), eat a piece of bread with honey.
9. Various medications that can be found in any pharmacy. Starting from Alcozeltzer, ending with Magnesia! Aspirin, Citramon, Succinic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Absorbents, Glycine, Activated Carbon, Peppermint Alcohol, Smecta and much more. Do not forget about contraindications!
10. And the most important thing is the presence of a strong shoulder that you can lean on, a close person who will readily give you a glass of cold water and an aspirin tablet, will cook you a hot broth and will pull you on a walk with a dog or just like that.
These are not all recipes, there are a huge number of them, and some simply amaze with their sophistication.
And, most importantly, drink only quality drinks, have a good snack, do it all in good company and in a good mood!
I hope that among these recipes you have found something new for yourself and it will come in handy. Although, of course, it is better to know your measure and comply with it.
Via facebook.com & lifehacker.ru & wiki