Wake up and sing: how to win the post-holiday state
A hangover is a post-intoxication state caused by drinking alcohol, accompanied by unpleasant psychological and physiological effects, such as headache, irritability, dry mouth, sweating, and nausea. In the Russian-language literature is often confused with the concept of "alcohol withdrawal syndrome", which is wrong.
Sparing methods that can prevent a hangover or minimize the effects of a feast.
Attention! Before trying a new method, consider whether your health allows you. Of course, it allows you to drink it, but here's a hot bath in combination with coffee is not suitable for everyone, like sauerkraut with kefir.
Of the variety of methods, we have selected those that are not associated with clearing the stomach (enema, water with potassium permanganate, etc.). So, we begin our review of folk, and not only wisdom!
If the next morning, Stepa Lihodeyev would have said this: “Step! You will be shot if you do not get up this minute! ”- Stepa would answer in a languid, slightly audible voice:“ Shoot, do what you want with me, but I will not get up ”.
Not to get up, it seemed to him that he could not open his eyes, because, if he only did this, the lightning would flash and his head would immediately be blown to pieces. In this head, a heavy bell was buzzing, brown spots with fiery green rim sailed between the eyeballs and closed eyelids, and to top it all sickened, it seemed that this nausea was associated with the sounds of some annoying gramophone. - Michael Bulgakov. "The Master and Margarita"
✔ Drinks to help
Water. This elixir of life should be first on your list if your head breaks in the morning. Alcohol is a diuretic, i.e. it removes moisture from the body. When water is depleted, the body begins to use all the remaining resources, without making exceptions even for the brain, and - hello, a headache! It is advisable to drink H20 even before bedtime, to soften the morning hangover, but do not deny yourself water and on waking.
Sports drinks and coconut water. Sweet sports drinks can turn out to be more harm than good for physical exercise, but they can really save a hangover. Gatorade and any other sports drink will instantly deliver the necessary fluid and electrolytes to the body. An excellent remedy is a jar of coconut water, which contains 5 electrolytes characteristic of human blood, and only 2 sports drinks.
Tea with ginger and peppermint. Studies show that ginger tea successfully fights nausea, and peppermint tea (which is dedicated to saving pregnant women) reduces abdominal pain and nausea.
Fruit juice. A glass of apple or cranberry juice will help you begin the process of coming back to life. Fructose will instantly give you a charge of strength, speed up your metabolism and try to remove toxic toxins. In addition, the juice contains vitamins and enough liquid to cope with dehydration.
Brine. This acidic liquid with vinegar, salt and water will increase the content of fluids and electrolytes in the body. Drink 50 ml of brine before going to the bar, and another 50 in the morning.
✔ Food that will help
Bananas, Kiwi, Spinach. These bright foods are filled with potassium, an important electrolyte, which decreases due to the ability of alcohol to remove fluid from the body. In the morning, do not pull on a salad? Mix this fruit with yogurt and get an anti-hungover smoothie.
Eggs This traditional morning product is not for nothing is popular: it is full of amino acids such as cysteine and taurine. Taurine accelerates the liver, protecting it from the harmful effects of alcohol. Cysteine, in turn, breaks down acetic acid aldehyde, an unpleasant chemical that remains after the liver breaks down ethyl alcohol.
Chicken soup. Not the most popular, but effective remedy for a hangover. A plate of chicken soup will restore the salt and liquid content, and the cysteine contained in chicken meat and vegetables will give the liver the necessary energy.
Miso soup. Sushi is the last thing that draws people during a hangover, but there is still such a “cure” in Japanese cuisine. Like chicken soup, miso soup is an excellent morning remedy to return lost fluid, restore salt levels and normalize digestion.
Crackers or toast with honey. Wholemeal crackers and toasts with their simple carbohydrates will increase blood sugar levels without upsetting the stomach. Add some full fructose honey to speed up the alcohol breakdown process.
Oatmeal. A plate of hot oatmeal guarantees your body the charge of such useful substances as vitamins B, calcium, magnesium and iron. Oatmeal helps to neutralize acids and increase sugar levels - and this is an instant boost of energy.
Tomatoes. Tomato juice instead of “Bloody Mary”: it is full of lycopene, an antioxidant that reduces inflammation, and even fructose, which extends a “helping hand” to your liver.
❌ Drinks, food that will NOT help
Fatty food. Contrary to generally accepted concepts, fat is not at all an aid for hangovers. A large portion of fatty foods could save you from a hangover, you eat it before you start drinking, but when the hangover is “on the face”, fatty food will only irritate the already sensitive stomach.
"Wedge wedge." This popular wisdom is right only partly: alcohol during a morning hangover will ease the symptoms, but it will aggravate dehydration, which means your hangover will last much longer.
Coffee. Fatigue, splitting head ... seemingly the perfect moment for a cup of coffee! It was not there. Like alcohol, coffee removes fluid from the body, and increases your dehydration. In addition, coffee vasoconstrictor, and morning espresso will take your headache to a new level. To avoid this unenviable fate, choose caffeine-free drinks - herbal teas, juices or good old water.
Orange juice. A glass of this sunny drink is a great start to a vigorous morning, but not in the case of a hangover. Citrus acid of oranges and grapefruits will be upset by stomach that has been hit by alcohol.
Before the feast
1. A few hours before the feast, drink activated charcoal plus an aspirin tablet. The number of tablets of activated carbon - 1 per 10 kg of your weight. This method was tested personally on himself as a student. He works great with me. And my classmate advised him, who entered the Medical University. And doctors, as we know, will not advise the bad.
2. Drink 50 - 100 g of vodka or brandy. Thus, many believe, the body, as it were, gets “inoculated” with alcohol and already at the feast itself it will be easier to drink.
3. Before the meal, drink fresh orange juice.
4. A glass of milk. It slows down the absorption of alcohol.
5. Drink drugs that help the liver. But only those to whom you have no contraindications!
During the feast
1. Do not mix drinks. If you already drink wine with cognac, it is better to start with wine. Plus, do not forget that brandy and vodka, although both are quite high in degrees, but still and they should line up in a certain place. We first drink vodka, and then cognac.
2. In the breaks between toasts, do not forget to drink more liquid, better than plain water!
3. In addition to liquid, do not forget about food. But here opinions differ. Someone advises before you sit at the table, eat a small piece of butter and eat more meat at the table. Thus, a barrier forms in the body and alcohol is absorbed more slowly. Someone advises not to eat a lot of fat at the table, but rather give preference to a simpler meal: potatoes, light salads, pickles, herring, poultry, fruit, sweets.
4. Try not to drink carbonated drinks at the table. They quickly carry alcohol around the body as a result of which intoxication comes much faster.
After the feast
And here there are more than enough recipes, though all of them are no longer as effective as early measures.
1. Is coffee a friend or an enemy? Here, oddly enough, opinions diverge. Someone advises to drink hot strong coffee without sugar with lemon and brandy, someone strongly advises not to drink coffee. In any case, here you have to decide for yourself whether this drink helps you.
2. A lot of fluid before bed and morning. In general, after taking a large dose of alcohol a lot of fluid and nutrients are excreted from the body. Therefore, the main rule is replenishment of water-salt balance. That is why it is often advised to drink a lot of simple boiled water, water with lemon, orange juice, mineral water, brine, effervescent tablets with vitamin C, etc.
3. Painkillers. Any pills that help you get rid of a headache. In my case, it's just citramon - a combination of caffeine and vitamin C.
4. Drink hot chicken or other rich meat broth.
5. Some advise to drink some brandy or light beer. So to speak, sober. Frankly, I am not a supporter of this method and it does not always help. So it is better to use it in very severe cases.
6. Contrast shower and walk in the fresh air.
7. Mint tea. Acts soothing plus helpful.
8. Honey. British experts from The Royal Society of Chemistry have authoritatively stated that honey helps wonderfully in getting rid of a hangover, since the fructose contained in honey turns the harmful effects of alcohol into acetic acid, which is then harmlessly eliminated from the body. So, if you want a good sweet tea (mint or chamomile), eat a slice of bread with honey.
9. Various medications that can be found in any pharmacy. Starting from Alkozeltser, ending with Magnesia! Aspirin, Citramon, Amber Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Absorbents, Glycine, Activated Carbon, Peppermint Alcohol, Smekta and much more. Do not forget about the contraindications!
10. And most importantly, it is the presence of a strong shoulder, which you can rely on, a loved one who readily gives you a glass of cold water and an aspirin pill, cooks you a hot broth and pulls you on a walk with a dog or just like that.
These are not all recipes, there are a huge number of them, and some simply amaze with their sophistication.
And, most importantly, drink only high-quality drinks, have a good snack, do it all in good company and in a good mood!
I hope that among these recipes you have found something new for yourself and it will be useful to you. Although, of course, it is better to know your measure and abide by it.
Via facebook.com & lifehacker.ru & wiki