100+ tricks for all time how to be as productive as possible + Infographics
Training ( English training from train - train, educate ) is an active learning method aimed at developing knowledge, skills and social settings. Training is a form of interactive learning, the purpose of which is to develop the competence of interpersonal and professional behavior in communication.
Training can be considered from the point of view of different paradigms:
- training as a peculiar form of training, in which the necessary patterns of behavior are formed with the help of positive reinforcement, and with the help of negative reinforcement unwanted ones are “erased”;
- training as a training, which results in the formation and development of skills;
- training as a form of active learning, the purpose of which is the transfer of knowledge, the development of certain skills;
- training as a method of creating conditions for self-disclosure of participants and their own search for ways to solve their own psychological problems.
All ingenious is simple. You just have to not be lazy, and you immediately feel a surge of strength, energy and clarity of consciousness and thinking.
Learn to take control of time, your mind and energy.
Chris Bailey spent a whole year experimenting to improve his performance. Here is a guide that he summarized - 100 main lessons for everyone who wants to become more efficient.
After graduating from university, I received two great job offers, but rejected both - because I had a plan. Over the course of the year, I was going to absorb all the information about the productivity that would fall into my hands, and write about it every day on my blog.
Over the year I have done countless experiments, interviewed many extremely productive people, and read a lot of books and studies on performance. To complete this year, I made a list of the main things I learned over the year.
These are my favorite ways to “hack” time, energy and attention to do more every day.
How to have more time
1. Allocate less time for important tasks . It seems illogical, but practice shows that it helps. When you limit the time you devote to important tasks, you force yourself to spend more energy in a shorter time and do these things on time.
2. Forget about the TV . The average person spends watching TV 13.6 years of life - they are better spent on more meaningful tasks.
3. Record your time spending in a diary . When you keep track of exactly what your time is spent on, you can see how much it is wasting, and this helps to return the time spent in vain and think about how best to spend it.
4. Refuse to do things that drain your time, energy and attention . It is best to simply prevent unproductive activities in your life.
5. Remember that the best is the enemy of the good . Your home will never be in perfect purity - something is bound to be out of order. Know when it's time to stop, especially in not very productive activities.
6. Start the day for technical tasks . Group all such things (washing, shopping, cleaning, watering flowers, etc.) on the same day so that you have more time to concentrate on more promising tasks on the other days of the week.
7. Do not work more than 35 hours a week . Studies show that under this condition we reach the peak of productivity and creativity. Yes, staying up late makes you more productive - but only in the short term.
8. Your letters should not be longer than 5 sentences, and it is best to mention this in the signature on the letter . With the help of this technique, I began to work with insanely fast mail, and most people only for when you write short and to the point.
9. Turn on The Email Game app if you’re using Gmail . This is a free add-on that turns answers to letters into the game.
10. Sign up on Unroll.me if your mail is on Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook.com . This app collects all your subscriptions into one convenient daily email.
11. Stop laying letters into folders . Search letters by keywords much faster.
12. Learn to type blindly . So you will save a lot of time.
13. Track how you spend time at the computer with the free RescueTime app . You wonder how much time is wasted.
14. The greater the proportion of your income you save, the better . If you do not chase fashion and entertainment, you can reduce your working life for decades.
How to spend time doing the right thing
15. Determine your most productive activities . Make a list of all that you are responsible for at work, and ask yourself: if you could do all three of these things all day, which would you choose? They need to invest 80-90% of their time.
16. Reduce the duration of your classes, so as not to feel resistance . This is a great way to learn new habits. "Can I meditate for 15 minutes?" No, I feel resistance, I will not. OK, and if 10? Anyway, a lot. And if five? Hmm, but it seems easy. I think it will work out for me. ” That's all.
17. Work on important, but not urgent tasks . Every day, perform at least one important thing that does not burn to finish right today - this is how you will advance in fulfilling your long-term goals, and not just close the current holes.
18. Use the Pomodoro technique : focus on a business for 25 minutes, then rest for 5 minutes. It is incredibly effective.
19. Make a list of procrastination : productive and meaningful things that you can do the next time you start procrastination. This will help you stay productive, even when the brain tries to sneak away from things to do.
20. Follow the “two minutes rule” . This rule from the David Allen system says that when a task requires less than 2 minutes, simply execute it and not list it for the future.
21. Plan your free time . It seems to be a backward principle, but in general, the structuring of free time makes us happier and more motivated.
22. Determine the following case, which you will deal with, based on four questions : where you are (office, home, cottage, etc.), how much time you have, how much energy you have and what your most productive activities are.
23. Watch how you spend your time . Constantly check and think about how you spend your time (and energy, and attention) during the day. For this I put notifications on the phone that sound every hour.
24. Plan a time when you are completely disconnected from work . At this time, the brain is still thinking about working questions, but in the background, while you are busy with something else.
25. Spend more time planning . Minute planning saves five minutes of implementation. If you just play and don't plan anything, it's hard to work smarter.
26. Keep in mind that people actually mean by saying “I have no time . ” Usually it is not that there is no time at all, but that the task does not seem important enough to them.
27. Pause before sending important emails and messages . Give your brain time to form thoughts, so that your message can become more complete, valuable and creative. The world will not collapse, and you can bring your thoughts more accurately.
Body control techniques
28. Do sports . This is the best way to become more energetic, besides it helps to fight diseases, improves mood and improves sleep.
29. Eat better . Your food greatly affects your energy level. The worse you eat, the faster you get tired, and the less energy you have for current affairs.
30. Stop drinking coffee out of habit . Caffeine loses its effect when you drink it daily and in large quantities, but it is very effective if you use it strategically (only when you need a burst of energy or need to concentrate).
31. Consume caffeine wisely . Drink more slowly, drink water in parallel, stay away from sugary energy drinks, eat well when you consume caffeine, do not drink coffee on an empty stomach and do not rush to the second portion of coffee or tea.
32. Do not drink caffeine less than 4-6 hours before bedtime . It reaches peak blood levels in an hour and is displayed in 4-6 hours.
33. Drink more water . Water adds energy, speeds up metabolism, helps to think, suppresses appetite, helps the body eliminate toxins, reduces the risk of many diseases and even helps save money!
34. Drink half a liter of water after waking up . Your body has just been without fluid for eight hours, and it is clearly dehydrated.
35. Keep a diary of food . People who keep such a diary usually do not overeat - and they eat on average almost a third less.
36. Sleep enough - even more than necessary . Sleep enhances concentration, attention, decision-making skills, creativity, social skills and overall health, reduces mood swings, stress, anger and impulsivity. Between larks and owls, by the way, there is no difference in the socioeconomic situation.
37. Do not drink late at night . Alcohol before bed worsens the quality of sleep and reduces energy the next day.
38. Set the air conditioner at 21–22ºC . At this temperature, we are the most productive.
39. Set the air conditioner at 18.5ºC at night . Most studies suggest turning a bedroom into a cave for the night, where it is cool, dark and quiet.
40. Learn to nap during the day . If your energy goes into decline in the afternoon, take a nap. It enhances memory, attention, inhibits burnout and enhances creativity.
41. Constantly think about your energy level and act accordingly . So you can recharge your energy in time when it is not enough, and take on bigger, bolder things when energy is greater. Soon you will begin to notice certain trends.
42. Find your biological peak by tracking energy levels throughout the week.
43. Smile! It enhances immunity, helps to cope with stress and to see a more general picture, to create more confidence in people and it’s just nice.
44. Paint the office in the right colors . Blue stimulates the mind, yellow - emotions, red - the body, green inspires a sense of balance.
45. Before going to bed, try to look less at the color in the blue part of the spectrum . Too much to look at the phone, on the tablet or in the computer - it is bad for a dream.
46. Try to be in natural light . It helps to fall asleep, reduces stress, increases the level of energy and concentration.
47. Download f.lux - this program shifts computer colors into the red part of the spectrum when the sun goes down, which causes the body to create more melatonin and improves sleep.
Brain control techniques
48. Introduce new habits to change lives automatically . So changes are fixed for a long time.
49. Learn to reduce stress : exercise, read, listen to music, spend time with friends and family, go for a massage, walk in nature, meditate, engage in creative hobbies.
50. Take frequent breaks . This gives new ideas, allows you to think about your work and become generally more productive.
51. Start small . To become more productive, you need to make very small changes one after another. The more small they are, the more likely they are to happen.
52. Notice when you are too demanding of yourself . According to coach David Allen, 80% of what we say to ourselves is negative. Keep track of moments when this negative overlaps to make life more pleasant.
53. Make friends with colleagues around the office . This increases job satisfaction by 50%, significantly increases engagement in work and increases the chances of career growth by 40%!
54. Remember who you spoke with over the past few months . What meetings brought you the most energy, motivation, happiness and drive? Meet with these people yet.
55. Lower your expectations . Strange advice? But it makes you more self-confident, allows you to relax, get more pleasure and not worry about proving something to others.
56. Understand that no one cares . When you realize that most people do not care about your success, money, clothes, home or car, you will realize that you are freer than you thought before. You can take more risks because your life is not cast in granite, and follow what you consider your passion.
57. Eat sensibly . Watch that when the brain begins to feel that saturation is approaching - this way you will not overeat, and this greatly takes energy.
58. Visualize . My favorite example: Imagine that you have just received instructions to leave the city tomorrow for a whole month. What exactly should you do before leaving? Do it right now.
59. Do not go away from the conflict, look for it . We are most productive when we feel a moderate level of conflict and stress.
60. Download the Coffitivity app . The ambient noise of a coffee house, as has already been proven, enhances productivity and creativity, while Coffitivity simulates this sound on a computer.
61. Every day, remember three things for which you are grateful . This trains the brain to look in the world for not negative, but positive, making you more energetic, happier and more effective.
62. Write down a great impression every day . So the brain survives it again and charges you with energy.
63. Periodically bleed . No need to take productivity too seriously. And most likely, having relaxed, you will become even more productive.
How to become more attentive
64. Meditate . Meditation is the art of constantly returning attention to a single object. It also calms the mind, increases blood flow to the brain, brings a sense of "flow", helps to fight procrastination.
65. Avoid multitasking . It badly hits performance, increases the level of errors, badly affects memory and adds stress.
66. Fix everything that is spinning in your head - what you need to do, what you are waiting for, other ideas and obligations that put pressure on you . It will give more mental space for thinking about more important and pleasant things.
67. Make a list of everything you expect to not miss anything, and to worry less about the people and things you need to keep an eye on.
68. Start a ritual of fixing thoughts . Turn off everything, put the timer for 15 minutes and go to bed with a notebook and pen. Capture whatever bothers you to clear these mental debris.
69. Eat something that strengthens concentration . My favorite: blueberries, green tea, avocado, lettuce and cabbage, fatty fish, water, dark chocolate, flaxseed, nuts.
70. Return to the point of reference . When you finish something, clean up after yourself so that next time it is easier to start this business. For example, after cooking, clean the kitchen or prepare the sports equipment in advance for tomorrow.
71. Learn to slow down . It is easy to turn on the autopilot and jump from one distraction to another. Slow down and do things consciously to manage attention and work more productively.
72. When you need to do something, completely disconnect from the Internet . 47% of the time spent online goes to procrastination.
73. Resist temptation by practicing the reaction in the head beforehand . For example, imagine how you will keep yourself from going to McDonald's on the way home.
74. Use a smartphone less . It pumps out your attention, distracts you much more than it seems, prevents you from communicating with people, and at the same time immersion in it is almost meaningless activity. I used the smartphone for only an hour a day for three months and since then it has not drawn me to me.
75. Between 8 pm and 8 am, transfer the smartphone to the "on the plane" mode . This ritual helps you feel more meaningful, fall asleep faster and encourages you to focus on more promising things before and after sleep.
76. Do things that are challenging enough for your skill level to enter the “flow” state.
77. Do less . When your attention, energy and time are distributed among a smaller number of cases, you give yourself more to each of them and achieve much more.
78. Look at the pictures of animals, kids . This enhances cognitive and motor results, because it narrows the focus of attention.
How to focus on the most necessary
79. At the beginning of the day, determine the three results that you want to achieve (it is the result, not the case) . So you force yourself to prioritize.
80. Focus not on how to do more, but to do the right thing . Find tasks that correspond to what interests you, so that you understand why you want to implement them.
81. Develop a setup for growth . The main quality that distinguishes successful people from unsuccessful ones is that the former do not consider that their intellect and skills are set once and for all.
82. Chat with your future self . People often perceive themselves as present and future as completely different people. Come up with a memory of the future, send a message to your future, or just imagine what kind of person you will become.
83. Make a list of mindless cases . Put together things like washing or cleaning and do them in a row, listening to something meaningful (audiobook, TED lecture, etc.).
84. Ask for advice from yourself .
85. Make your goals smarter : specific, measurable, realistic and time bound. So it will be easier to designate and achieve them.
86. Stop tracking the process of moving to a goal . This usually reduces the chances of achieving them. How to be? Treat your actions as proof that you are committed to this goal, and remind yourself why you are striving for it at all.
87. Set not traditional goals, but intermediate ones . Intermediate goals are goals that you need to achieve on the way to a larger goal: for example, do not set a goal to win a boxing championship, but set a goal never to be knocked out during the match.
88. Stop aimlessly surfing the internet . Better to just relax, slow down and think about what you really need to achieve.
89. Disable meaningless email notifications . They take a little time, but a lot of attention - every time you get a notification, it removes attention from the case.
90. Arrange email holidays . When you need to sit on the project for a day or two and work on it tightly, put an answering machine in the mail and calmly do the present.
91. Answer letters with waves . Set several times a day to answer emails, rather than respond to them as they are received.
92. When you have a personal meeting with someone, completely turn off the phone . You will show that you are ready to give a person 100% of your attention.
93. Define your core habits . These are habits, thanks to which other habits in your life are changing and lining up. Some examples: cooking, developing relationships with a partner or friends, early awakening.
94. Make bad habits costly : negotiate with someone that you will pay each other fines when you indulge in evil inclinations. So you will think about the price of habits, and not about the pleasure of them.
95. Reward yourself . New habits and behaviors are difficult, but if you reward yourself for them with something, it helps to make them well-established.
96. Guess what will prevent the development of new habits .
97. Keep distractions at least 20 seconds away from you . This is a sufficient distance to reduce the power of distraction.
98. Listen actively . Fully focus on the words of the person you are talking to - this creates a deeper relationship, helps you better judge people, avoid misunderstanding.
99. Treat life as a series of “hot spots . ” Every day, your time, energy and attention are spent on seven areas: the brain, body, emotions, career, finances, relationships and pleasure. Consider these “hot spots” as portfolio investments — look not to invest in too many, and not so much in others.
100. Always act with a specific goal in mind . When you constantly ask yourself the question of why it is you who do this, your actions will be linked to a goal that really makes sense to you.
Via Internet & wiki & ideanomics.ru
Original via ayearofproductivity.com