What to do if the thermometer crashed
Thermometer (Greek heat, measure) - a device for measuring the temperature of air, soil, water and so on. There are several types of thermometers: liquid; Mechanical; Electronic; Optical; Gas; Infrared .
A broken mercury thermometer is a problem that causes panic in anyone from small to adult. Many do not know how to properly collect mercury and fragments of a thermometer, so as not to harm yourself and your loved ones. We in Shram.kiev.ua collected information, divided into stages. To follow these rules, a broken thermometer will never be a problem and no one will be poisoned by mercury vapor.
1. Bring everyone out of the room where the thermometer broke, do not forget about pets.
2. Use the air conditioner to reduce the temperature in the room to 16-18 degrees.
3. Close the door to the room and open all the windows.
4. Make sure that there is no mercury on clothes or shoes.
5. Wear rubber gloves and a medical mask.
6. Prepare a glass jar with a lid (it is in it you will collect mercury). Do not forget to fill the jar with water.
7. Collect the mercury balls with a syringe or syringe and place them in a jar of water.
If there are small pieces of glass on the floor, collect them with a foam sponge or a wet newspaper.
At the end of the entire procedure for collecting mercury, you need to wash the floor twice with a bleach solution that contains chlorine. For 1 liter of water, use 1 tablespoon of bleach.
The floor needs to be washed this way 2 times a week for a month.
In no case should you throw away a bank with collected mercury, it should be taken to specialized institutions, if such exist in your city.