Ninety-high - inula helenium l.
Family Asteraceae (Asteraceae) - Compositae
Botanical characteristics. Perennial herbaceous plant. The rhizome is knobby, fleshy, thick with numerous diverging roots. Stems erect, grooved, pubescent with short thick white hairs. The leaves are large, alternate, irregularly toothed-serrated, slightly wrinkled above, sparsely pubescent, velvety below, gray filamentous. Radical leaves are petiolate, elliptical, sometimes elongate-ovate, lower ones short-petioled, upper ones sessile with heart-shaped base, covering the stem. Flowers are collected in inflorescences - baskets. Regional - reed, golden yellow, medium - tubular. Wrap with numerous tiled leaflets. The fruit is a brown tetrahedral achene with a tuft. It blooms in July - August, bears fruit in August - September.
Spread. It is found in small groups in the European part of the country, in the Urals, in Western Siberia, and in the Caucasus. Prefers light edges, mountain slopes and hills, floodplains. It is bred as a medicinal and ornamental plant in gardens and kitchen gardens.
Used plant parts. Medicinal raw materials are the roots, rhizomes and the aerial part of the plant, collected in the usual way.
Chemical composition. The roots and the aerial parts contain sesquiterpenoids, steroids, carbohydrates and related compounds: glucose, inulin, inositol. In addition, triterpenoids, essential oil, and higher aliphatic hydrocarbons were found in the roots: nonacosan; lipids; in the aerial parts - carotenoids, phenol carboxylic acids, coumarins, flavonoids, phenolic compounds, vitamins.
Application. Rhizomes and roots were included in the domestic pharmacopoeia of the 1-3rd editions. Official in the Netherlands. In scientific medicine, decoction of the roots is used as an expectorant and disinfectant for acute and chronic respiratory diseases, influenza. The drug "Alanton" (the sum of sesquiterpenoids) - with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, erosive gastritis. In practical medicine, decoction of the roots is used for neurosis, epilepsy, diabetes, atherosclerosis, for diseases of the stomach, pancreas, liver, gall bladder; inhalations - for acute respiratory infections, for polyarthritis (with fish oil); in gynecology - with amenorrhea, for the prevention of preterm labor, with hypomenstrual syndrome; infusion with honey - tonic and tonic for pregnant women; in dentistry - with periodontal disease, ulcerative gingivitis-stomatitis. As part of fees - for hepatitis, chronic pancreatitis, gastric ulcer with hypersecretion, hemorrhoids, cirrhosis of the liver, asthma, sore throat, pustular skin diseases, psoriasis, as a diuretic. In homeopathy, fresh roots are used in diabetes, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, and bronchial asthma.
In Indo-Tibetan medicine, root preparations are used for nervous diseases, chronic infections, as antipyretic, for bronchitis, hyposecretion of the stomach, anti-inflammatory; as part of complex formulations - for diseases accompanied by fever, spinal dislocations, gout, neuroses of the heart, myocarditis, diseases of the spinal cord, hemostatic, improves liver function. In clinical trials, positive results were obtained in the treatment of tincture of the roots of acute and chronic bronchitis and chronic pneumonia.
In folk medicine, virgin is widely used as a wound healing, expectorant, hemostatic, choleretic, diaphoretic, diuretic, anthelmintic and sedative, with diarrhea, diabetes, jaundice, rheumatism, arthritis, cystitis, malaria, goitre, hemorrhoids, rheumatism, polyarthritis, cystitis, malaria, zobe, hemorrhoids, rheumatism, polyarthritis, cystitis, malaria, zobe, hemorrhoids, rheumatism, polyarthritis, cystitis, malaria, zobe, hemorrhoids, rheumatism, polyarthritis, cystitis, malaria, zobe externally in the form of ointments - for eczema, pruritic dermatosis, purulent wounds, furunculosis. In Armenian medicine - for migraine, epilepsy, paralysis, neuritis of the facial nerve, radiculitis; in North America - with typhoid fever, colds, and lung diseases; in European countries - infusion of the aerial parts and decoction of the roots - with cancer, whooping cough, pulmonary tuberculosis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, female diseases, erysipelas, hypertension.
In the experiment, the extract and the amount of sesquiterpenoids exhibit antibacterial, antifungal, antiprotozoal activity; root extract - antitumor, antiviral activity against influenza virus, causes a positive inotropic effect, reduces the excitability of the cerebral cortex and some subcortical areas of the central nervous system.
Fresh juice of leaves and flowers has phytoncidal activity.
Homeopathy. It is used in homeopathy Inula 3x, 3, 6 for diseases of the joints, neurasthenia, gynecological diseases. Typical symptoms: back pain, muscle twitching, urge to the bottom and urination, pulling pain in the uterus.
- Prepare an infusion of flowers and leaves: take 20 g of raw materials, chop, pour 200 ml of boiling water, infuse in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, cool for 45 minutes, filter, adjust to the required volume, squeeze out the residue, and take 1/3 cup 2- 3 times a day before meals.
- For broth, 15 g of the roots are crushed, poured 200 ml of boiling water, insisted on a boiling water bath for 30 minutes, cooled for 10 minutes, filtered and take 1/3 cup 3 times a day before meals.
- Tincture is prepared from the roots of 70% alcohol at the rate of 1: 5, insist 10-15 days in a dark place, take 40-50 drops per reception, 3-4 times daily before meals with a small amount of water (30-40 ml).
- Fresh juice should be diluted 1:10 and take 1 tsp 3-4 times daily before meals.
- Preparation of ointment for external use: 180 g of root pour 360 g of water, boil, rub through a sieve and mix with 120 g of lard or with freshly prepared butter without salt.
- There are ancient methods of cooking elecampane. Preparation of wine from the roots of Deviacela: 5 tablespoons of the roots (about 30 g) are mixed with 30 g of alcohol, left for 24 hours. Then dilute 1 liter of dry grape wine, stir, squeeze and filter; drink before meals of 30–40 g with poor digestion and lack of appetite.
Contraindications. Internal use of preparations of the devyasila is contraindicated for severe heart diseases, atherosclerosis, nephritis and pregnancy.