Care for dry skin
In youth, dry skin shows itself from the best side: peach cheeks, thin pores, lack of fatty shine - these are the qualities that you can only dream of, those who during puberty suffer from acne and acne. But for these advantages it is necessary to pay, it becomes obvious already by twenty five years. If there was no proper care for dry skin, a lack of moisture and fat will affect it very quickly and noticeably: the skin will pull; Lisha patches, irritations and early wrinkles will urgently require cosmetic care.
Dry skin lacks first fat, and then moisture
In the increase of dryness, the insufficient activity of the sebaceous glands is to blame. They produce less fat than required to form a natural protective film. This film, a natural "cream" of fat, sweat and moisturizing substances, maintains the elasticity of the stratum corneum. It makes the skin stand against harmful external influences and protects first of all from drying out. Up to twenty years, this deficiency is not noticeable, but after twenty the production of fat is increasingly reduced. Natural skin fat is the best means for preserving moisture, so its shortage immediately affects moisture. Horny cells become dry, scaly, their mutual connection weakens, and moisture can evaporate easily. Harmful irritants can also get inside, so dry skin often becomes painfully sensitive and grows older faster. Unfortunately, even the best care will not make sluggish sebaceous glands produce more fat. They react to certain hormonal signals according to the plan, which is inherent in the body genetically, and there is no possibility to influence it. But the right care in any case will be able to compensate for what the skin lacks.
Basic care for dry skin
Dry skin is very tender. You need to take care of her, even occasionally pampering her. Nevertheless, the motto for daily care is this: it's better less, yes it's better. Because dry skin is not only sensitive to neglect, but also does not like to be overloaded with care products or too often stuffed with new drugs. A small, precisely selected program, consistently conducted every day, will suit the dry skin best. In practice this means:
• In the evening, clean the skin, best of all with soft milk, which contains, in addition, soothing and nutrients. (You can also use cleansing creams, oils or syndet specially for dry sensitive skin.) Cosmetic milk dissolves in water, so you can simply wash it off with warm tap water. If the water is very hard, then with dry skin, after washing, moisten a cotton swab with toilet water for the face (non-alcoholic) and gently wipe the skin. Otherwise, the residue of salts will dry the skin. Then you need to apply a night cream, rich in fats and moisturizing agents. If the skin is especially poor in moisture, a moisturizer, such as hydrogel, can be applied to the night cream.
• In the morning, it is sufficient to refresh dry skin with warm water and / or again use toilet water for the face. After that, apply a day cream, light in consistency, but rich in content, that is, having in its composition oils and moisturizers. In addition, the day cream should contain light filters that protect the skin from light aging.
Substances most useful for dry skin
The so-called ceramides showed themselves especially well. These are fat-like substances reminiscent of the natural binding lubricant between skin cells and very well compensating for its deficiency. Thanks to this, the retention of moisture by the stratum corneum is noticeably improved.
Creams with sasankua oil or other unsaturated fatty acids, such as linoleic or gamma-linol acid, work well on dry skin. They provide skin softness and better moisture connectivity.
What should I do less often with dry skin
• This is, for example, a sauna, sweatsports and swimming in chlorinated water. At the same time valuable protective substances are washed out, it is difficult to make up for the skin. To ease it, immediately after the procedure, you must apply a thick layer of fatty moisturizer or make a mask - nourishing or moisturizing. Special advice to lovers of swimming: before jumping into water, rub in the skin of the face, neck and décollete, a moisture-resistant sunscreen.
• Peelers that remove horny shells are usually not required at all for dry skin.
• Hardening masks and alcohol-containing toilet water are the things that should be avoided with dry skin.
• Low-fat gel preparations can also be used only in combination with skin-friendly creams.
• New care products should not be experienced in the winter, when the skin is already feeling difficult due to cold and low humidity. Spring and autumn are better for this.
External stimuli such as sun, dry air and improper care, as well as the inevitable aging process, reduce the natural moisture reserve in the skin. Therefore, just with dry skin should be avoided all that (though outside, though from the inside) is additionally taken away from the skin moisture.