Dry skin care
In youth, dry skin shows itself from the best side: peach cheeks, thin pores, lack of oily shine - these are qualities that can only be dreamed of by those who suffer from acne and acne during puberty. But you have to pay for these advantages, it becomes obvious by the age of twenty-five. If dry skin did not have proper care, a lack of moisture and fat will affect it very quickly and noticeably: the skin will pull; Liping, irritation and early wrinkles will urgently require cosmetic care.
Dry skin lacks fat at first, and then moisture.
The increased activity of the sebaceous glands is to blame for the increase in dryness. They produce less fat than is required for the formation of a natural protective film. This film, a natural "cream" of fat, sweat and moisturizing substances, supports the elasticity of the stratum corneum. It makes the skin resistant to harmful external influences and protects primarily from drying out. Until the age of twenty, this deficiency is not noticeable, but after twenty the production of fat decreases more and more. Natural sebum is the best way to preserve moisture, so its deficiency immediately affects moisture. Horn cells become dry, scaly, their mutual connection is weakened, and moisture can easily evaporate. Harmful irritants can also penetrate inside, so dry skin often becomes painfully sensitive and ages faster. Unfortunately, even the best care will not make sluggish sebaceous glands produce more fat. They react to certain hormonal signals according to a plan that is genetically incorporated into the body, and there is no possibility to influence it. But proper care in any case will be able to compensate for what the skin lacks.
Basic dry skin care
Dry skin is very delicate. It is necessary to take care of her, even sometimes indulge her. However, the motto for daily care is this: less is better. Because dry skin is not only sensitive to neglect, but does not like being overloaded with care products or too often stuffed with new drugs. A small, well-chosen program, consistently conducted every day, is best for dry skin. Practically, this means:
• In the evening, cleanse the skin, best of all with soft milk, which contains, in addition to everything, soothing and nutrients. (You can also use cleansing creams, oils, or syndets especially for dry, sensitive skin.) The cosmetic milk is dissolved in water, so you can simply wash it off with warm tap water. If the water is very hard, then with dry skin it is recommended to moisten a cotton swab with toilet water for the face (non-alcoholic) after washing and gently wipe the skin. Otherwise, residues of salts will dry the skin. Then you need to apply a night cream, rich in fats and moisturizing agents. If the skin is particularly poor in moisture, a pure moisturizer, such as a hydrogel, can be applied under a night cream.
• In the morning, it is enough to refresh dry skin with warm water and / or re-use toilet water for the face. After that, apply a day cream, light in consistency, but rich in content, that is, having in its composition oils and moisturizers. In addition, the day cream should contain light filters that protect the skin from light aging.
The substances most beneficial to dry skin
The so-called ceramides proved to be especially good. These are fat-like substances that resemble a natural bonding lubricant between skin cells and very well compensate for its deficiency. Due to this, moisture retention by the stratum corneum is noticeably improved.
Creams with sasankua oil or other unsaturated fatty acids, such as linoleic acid or gamma-linolic acid, act well on dry skin. They provide skin softness and better moisture binding.
What you need to rarely use with dry skin
• These include, for example, sauna, diaphoretic sports, and swimming in chlorinated water. At the same time, valuable protective substances are washed out, which can be difficult for the skin to replenish. To make it easier for her, immediately after the procedure it is necessary to apply a thick layer of rich moisturizing cream or make a mask - nourishing or moisturizing. Special advice for swimming lovers: before jumping into the water, rub moisture-proof sunscreen into your face, neck and decollete.
• Husks that remove horny husks usually do not require dry skin at all.
• Hardening masks and alcohol-containing eau de toilette - something that is best avoided with dry skin.
• Fat-free gel preparations should also be used only in combination with creams suitable for skin.
• New care products should not be tested in the winter when the skin already feels difficult due to the cold and low humidity. Spring and autumn are better for this.
Such external stimuli as the sun, dry air and improper care, as well as the inevitable aging process, reduce the natural moisture in the skin. Therefore, just in case of dry skin, everything that (even from the outside, even from the inside) is additionally taken away from the skin should be avoided.