Ways to buy a plane ticket for the price of a movie ticket
Low cost airline ( low-cost carrier , discounter ) ( English low-cost carrier, low-cost airline, also English no-frills carrier, discount carrier, budget carrier ) - an airline that offers an extremely low fare in exchange for canceling the majority traditional passenger services.
The homeland of the low-cost concept is the USA, from where it spread to Europe in the early 1990s and later in many countries of the world. The term low-cost is borrowed in many languages of the world from the English language, where it originally applied to all airlines with a lower structure of operating costs than their competitors. While the term low-cost is often applied to any airline with low ticket prices and a limited range of services, regardless of their operating models, low-cost airlines should not be confused with regional airlines that operate on short flights without a service or with airlines with full service, but limiting the range of services.
You can search for cheap flights in several ways, and the whole process directly depends on the destination, and more precisely, on the distance. A lot depends on the region, the network of routes, the availability of airports and flights to them. In the resort regions, the season of the highest demand for vacations in this area is also of great importance. This significantly affects the density of flights and the cost of flights.
It seems to everyone that a plane ticket for 3 euros is something from a parallel universe, but this is completely wrong if you know some of the secrets of the search. The editors of Shram.kiev.ua collected the most effective ways to find the cheapest option for your flight to anywhere in the world.
- 60 days rule : search for flights no earlier and no later than 1.5–2 months before the intended trip.
- Buy tickets from mid-January to early March (excluding the February holidays).
- Try to buy tickets on Tuesdays from 14:00 to 16:00 .
- On Tuesdays and Wednesdays (afternoon) the lowest prices for flights.
- If you plan to fly away for the weekend, we recommend buying tickets on Friday night or during Saturday .
Any price calculation system is not perfect, and sometimes it fails. Most often this happens with complex flight routes, but it can be lucky with simple options.
This is not a pattern, but rather a coincidence, if not miracles. It is almost impossible to buy a ticket to the city you need using a system error, but spending a spontaneous vacation is very likely.
- airfarewatchdog.com - has the “50 Best Flights” section, which is updated daily.
- secretflying.com - daily publishes a selection of fresh bugs. To always be in the know, it’s best to follow them on Facebook and follow Twitter.
- holidaypirates.com - there is an alert system for holiday flights and weekends, as well as for a specific departure airport.
- vandrouki.ru is a blog that tracks and publishes tempting offers for cheap flights, relocations, and even "crossings."
After booking your flight, check the tickets the next morning - often after the purchase, the search engine resets the filters and may give you cheaper offers .
In this case, you can change the reservation by paying a small fine on the first day or avoid it altogether. It depends on the carrier company and the booking platform.
Or, as usual, low-cost airlines are carriers based on the principle of economy.
How to use all the low-cost chips on the example of Ryanair :
- Look at the price chart of your favorite operator. The cheapest Irish tickets are sold for 54 and 10 days before departure.
- Avoid popular cities. If you really want to Paris, do not fly to the central airport, choose Champagne-Ardenne or Vatry. Their prices are significantly lower.
- Do not use for search only the official website of the low-cost airline, see other systems. They track low-cost airlines and study system errors. But do not forget to check flights on "direct" sites - rarely, but prices can vary in a smaller direction.
This is a feature of seasoned travelers. It consists in hiding the final destination in the middle of the route .
If you need to Istanbul, do not immediately buy a ticket Kiev - Istanbul. Sometimes a flight from Kiev to Chisinau with a change in Istanbul is much cheaper than a direct flight .
Their work is simple - analysis of prices among hundreds of carriers in the direction you need and sorting by the given parameters: price, date, flight time, number of transfers, etc.
Via adme.ru & make-trip & nomadicmatt & businessinsider & thriftynomads